Scope height?

pyscodog

I bought a Rem. SPS Tactical in the Hogue stock. Not liking the Hogue, I bought a MagPul replacement. Now I can't get a good cheek weld because the comb is to high. I called MagPul, they said my stock had a 1/2 riser installed from the factory and to get the kit with the 1/4 inch riser in it. I did and it came today. Turns out the stock already had the 1/4 inch riser so now I have the same riser plus one that's even taller. Seems like now I will have to raise the scope even higher than it already is or go back to the Hogue stock or buy another stock with a lower comb. I'm worried that raising my scope another 1/4 inch or more that its going to wipe out all the adjustment in my scope. Could I go to higher rings and a 20MOA rail or will that make it worse? I hate to buy another stock so looking for options. Suggestions please?

A taller base and taller rings solved the cheek height problem. Just now it looks like I could slide a brick under the scope. A trip to the range will let me know if its going to work.

I called MagPul. Seems whom ever I talked with the first time gave me the wrong information. Seems I had a 1/4 inch riser to begin with. The guy I spoke with today said I needed a O inch riser. I didn't know that it was even offered. Long story short, MagPul is sending me the ) riser for free and I can send the ones I bought back to get a CC credit. Kudo's to MagPul! The person was very informative and friendly and definitely helped me out.

Originally Posted By: AWSPull the 1/4" riser on the comb and shoot without it.

I thought about that but when you remove the riser there are several areas that I think would really cut up your face. Even thought about filling it all in with fiberglass and sanding it down and repainting. Now with the new riser coming I hope it fix's my problem.

If you have a good solid cheekweld now I ll bet you ll shoot it fine. And LR shooting might need your dope corrected due to the increased distance between bore and scope though.

MagPul sent me the no-rise cheek piece and I could lower my scope and still get a comfortable cheek position. All is good now.

Just FYI, MagPul was great with their customer service. They gave me a credit for the wrong pieces I got and sent the no-rise to me for basically free. All I paid was the shipping on the first order. Shipping was very fast and no hassles what so ever. Kudo's to MagPul!!

I like the Magpul snap on risers, my only problem is I have to turn them backwards so my charging handle clears as I shoot a really short LOP. Then I have to cut off the overhang on the back.

RsoqoI.jpg

Nice that it is doable.

Last edited:
Back