Crude Oil Crash!!!

All that would be involved would be flipping some light switches.

1800s had, well basically no electricity, some I think but I'm no historian.

And it seems like a generational thing. Baby boomers cut, slash, dig and spray whatever they want whenever they want, burning gas and spraying herbicides on their lawns for some keep up/one up the Jones' you all act like woman before a beauty pageant spending money putting on makeup, doing your hair, critiquing the aesthetics and talking crap behind each others back but none of it matters to anyone exect you and the people you are waiting money on. Millenials not so much, most us barely waste the time to mow our laws much less spend money on it. We are going back, my property I'm building now wont even have outside electric coming in, neither will my buddies and our friends are drooling at the thought and trying to do the same thing.

You old guys will hold tight but the destructive needless trends are coming to an end, just this pandemic has scared half my non hunting buddies into wanting to learn to hunt, and I'm eating all the wild fresh vegetables growing everywhere now, post that on facebook and wild edibles too(all of them you call weeds and poison them) are having a big comeback, friends and family are now asking me to teach them when they thought it was some crazy joke before.

You sound like me, 50 years ago. Deep down inside there's a little bit of me that's cheering for you. Good luck Rock.

Thanks.

We cant keep going until theres a light and phone charger at every square foot and it's purely nonsensical to spray herbicide poison on native vegetables that dont need pesticide poison to grow then go to the store and buy non native vegetables covered in pesticides to grow properly.

Dependance is weakness, the more weakness the more we will all suffer.

reminds me, i need to get some more weed killer tomorrow. thanks.

unless somebody wants them. then i'll mow em, bag em up and ship em. $5 a pound shipped. anybody?

Yeah, if only it where as simple as turning off the lights when we leave the room. If you drive a vehicle, run a chainsaw, purchase any food, etc. etc. etc. you are just as dependent on oil and part of that society. You can cut some corners, grow crops, hunt and save some energy but you are not totally independent from the grid.

The US economy is better “diversified” than the major players in this current oil price war. Oil and gas sector accounts for only 8% of US GDP when compared to 50% of Saudi’s GDP and it accounts for 70% of their total export earnings.

But other than just the dependence side of oil, you need to read up on just how important domestic O&G is to our economic growth and Arab geo-political bs. Oil has not been in a boom for the last century. It is a boom and bust industry, with the only thing being consistent is the highly capital-intensive cost of exploration and extraction.

A good explanation of how and why the United States became energy independent and the number one producer of oil in the world. From Wikipedia.

Trump administration

In March 2017, US President Donald J. Trump announced the granting of a permit for construction of the Keystone XL pipeline, calling it "the first of many infrastructure projects" that he intended to approve in order to put more Americans to work. The permitting came two months after Trump, only days into his presidency, signed an executive order aimed at reviving the Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines.[42]

In May 2017, President Trump promised "complete" independence from foreign sources of oil.[43]

During his administration's Energy Week celebration of June 2017, President Trump announced that he was formally seeking a review of US energy policies, in order to help the Nuclear power industry prosper. Trump also announced that the Interior Department would be kicking off the formal process to expand areas available for offshore drilling of oil and natural gas. He vowed to create "American energy dominance".[44]

In May 2018, it was reported that US liquefied natural gas (LNG) exports had quadrupled. The value of US LNG exports was estimated to reach nearly $5 billion in 2018 and $12 billion in 2019.[45]

In early December 2018, it was reported that the US had turned into a net exporter of oil "last week", thus breaking nearly 75 continuous years of dependence on foreign oil. Reportedly, the US sold overseas a net of 211,000 barrels a day of crude and refined products such as gasoline and diesel. This, compared to net imports of about three million barrels a day on average previously during 2018 and the prior annual peak of more than 12 million barrels a day during 2005, was confirmed by the US Energy Information Administration.[46]

In March 2019, crude oil prices regained momentum after reports showed an unexpected drop in US fuel supplies. The American Petroleum Institute reported domestic crude inventories declined 2.58 million barrels the previous week. The US Energy Information Administration was due to report on the official numbers on domestic supply and demand. However, James Williams, president at WTRG Economics in London, Arkansas said, "These are clearly bullish numbers, and if reinforced it will be more bullish".[47]

Country Oil production:

2019 (bbl/day) Oil production

- World production = 80,622,000

01 United States[6] 15,043,000
02 Saudi Arabia (OPEC) 12,000,000
03 Russia 10,800,000
04 Iraq (OPEC) 4,451,516
05 Iran (OPEC) 3,990,956
06 China 3,980,650

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_energy_independence

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_oil_production

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotwhat's a stay pump?

^^^^
confused.gif

Auto correct, stay=spray...

Of course it's convoluted and everything is mixed up, fossil fuels directly related to food etc... but if you think turning off billboards and yard lights no one is looking at is a dramatic change our founding fathers would be turning in their graves.

This is my outlook right now, I dont care, people arent as soft and helpless as they think and nothing is as challenging as it first may appear. America needs some John Wayne.

Toss them into the [beeep] head first, they will be better for it when they figure out they can survive it just fine.

Oil is viable again, above $25.00. Good news.

Been trying to teach a grandson to swim with limited success. Watched your John W. video Rock and actually considered it until I realized it would be suicide for me.
scared.gif
Thanks for the post,I got quite a chuckle from it.

Originally Posted By: ADKOil is viable again, above $25.00. Good news.

Been trying to teach a grandson to swim with limited success. Watched your John W. video Rock and actually considered it until I realized it would be suicide for me.
scared.gif
Thanks for the post,I got quite a chuckle from it.

That is great news for those of us that have Mineral rights and to all the Oil & Gas employees out there.

Downside is that the price per gallon is going to rise. I have been filling up my Duramax at $1.79 per gallon:)

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishwe bottomed at $1.29, has been $1.33 for about a week.

I Saw $1.29 yesterday. Most consistent price I have seen lately is $1.49.

It will continue to go up again as more people leave the house for work/travel. Always does!

Back