Trying one more time

Wish I lived in an area where I could do more hunting for those destructive critters, not that I wish to have them around to be destructive, but rather for the sake of hunting and shooting opportunity. I feel for the farmers that have to contend with such things.

I'm fixing to be trying to keep them off close to 4000 acres just south of you. All of it cotton seedlings. Pigs love fresh cotton sprouts and I will have my hands full then. This is from just 3 miles west of Lakeview over a feeder last night Took down 2 of them and didn't press record good enough
IG2OvNr.jpg

Originally Posted By: Rookietjx2Originally Posted By: JTPinTX
A scanner with built in rangefinder would be great for guys doing this on a regular basis.

I've been saying this for a while. If someone would come out with a thermal scanner that had a range finder, they would sell a lot of them.

Pulsar Accolade binoculars have a built in rangefinder.

Well, we sat out there from about dark until 10 pm. That is when we got blown out by a storm and had to head in. Watched several coyotes, but I couldn't mess around with them since we were on a mission. The pigs never showed while we were there. I imagine they came in late after the storms. I supposed I will wait for the damage report from my son.

Igor, looks like you had better luck than we did.

Last edited:
JTP. I hope I get rained out for a week. Cotton farmers need it bad. But I have high hopes for a new spot south of Plaska right on the river. Have the feeder ordered but hasn't come in. All I've done is dump a bag of corn out and set up a camera and checked it 3 days later and this ugly toad has already found it.
Rs6KUQT.jpg

There are some big pigs out around Plaska. Especially if you get down by the river. Or so I have been told. I don't hunt over there, don't know any of the landowners. Big pigs are where you find them though. They can be about anywhere. I've got a pretty good sized one hitting one of my pig barrels over in Childress county. But it is just random every now and then. He won't get on any kind of pattern. Probably why he is big, lol.

Back