Need advice on a purchase of Foxpro Fusion or X2S

iamhistory

I am about to purchase my first e-caller. I chose to go with Foxpro and I have read tons of posts here and everywhere else. I've watched videos, talked via email with Foxpro (which has been helpful) and other brands, etc. I think I am finally going to pick either a Fusion or the upgraded X2S. I could really use some advice from people who have used them.

What I think I know right now is the X2 has a more advanced speaker, has bluetooth, comes with a battery and does everything the Fusion can do as far as Foxpro features, except be used on its own without the remote....and it amplifies more sound and does it better.

The Fusion, is more compact, is less expensive by about $100, but seems capable. Do you believe it is a caller that is loud enough and clear enough to handle most hunting environments and situations without going up to the level of the X2? The battery purchases are a con to me but the portability is a pro, if the call is as capable as I think it is.

I know I can add speakers, etc. but that defeats the purpose of a less expensive purchase and trying to stay compact. If I have to do that, I might as well just go with the X2 or Shockwave from the start.

Does that about sum it up?

I just need to make sure b/c neither one is inexpensive and it will be my first e-caller so I want to make the right decision. I don't know what I don't know because I've never had one, if that makes sense. My son and I have invested a lot of time in predator hunting in the last year and I want future time to be as productive and enjoyable as possible. I cut my teeth on the old Johnny Stewart cassette tapes w/ a boom box...a different world compared to modern e-callers I'm sure. I have been using mostly 15 year old mouth calls since taking my son out.

Also, do you have any info. on the decibel ratings for each of these models (Fusion/X2)

Any input would be appreciated. I've seen lots of info on the Fusion but not as much on the X2S. Videos haven't been that helpful b/c guys talk about the calls but do few real life comparisons on sounds, etc. or they focus on the actual harvesting of the predator and the calls themselves are just kind of in the background. I know there are many knowledgeable people here and I am thankful to be able to tap in to your experiences and benefit from your trial and error. Thanks very much for any assistance.
Edit/Delete Message

I had a fusion, it was a neat caller, but replaced with with a Revolt, which is louder and clearer. Of those two I'd go with the x2 even though I haven't been around one at all.

Hey thanks 204....makes sense and it's something to think about. I looked at the Lucky Duck callers and was very close to choosing one of those. I kept hearing about the volume and clarity being really good. The thing I didn't like was the size and the apparent lower quality imported build.

If you could only have one for the rest of your hunting career, which would you stick with; Fusion or Revolt?

Thanks for the help!

Think the Roughneck is made to be more durable with the membrane layer and it's smaller than the Revolt. I was undecided what to get myself Fusion or Lucky Duck. I picked the Roughneck with Rick's sounds on it. I'm super happy with the clarity and volume. I'm not an expert on the differences between the two

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: iamhistoryHey thanks 204....makes sense and it's something to think about. I looked at the Lucky Duck callers and was very close to choosing one of those. I kept hearing about the volume and clarity being really good. The thing I didn't like was the size and the apparent lower quality imported build.

If you could only have one for the rest of your hunting career, which would you stick with; Fusion or Revolt?

Thanks for the help!

IMO it's not even close, I'll stick with the Revolt, based on the sounds they both had 3 years ago. It's my understanding Foxpro has upped its game with better vocals so it might be a tougher choice now.

Build quality? Yeah I think fp has the revolt beat there. But mine has ridden in a bucket in a sxs for the last 3 seasons and still works fine with a bunch of "scuffs" so I'm not worried about durability. I did have a remote crap out after about a year but Rick had another to me in a few days.

I'd buy another, or try the Roughneck with its updated remote. But I LOVE the rotating feature. In fact this last season I just let it spin the whole set. I think it adds a sense of realism of an animal moving around and broadcasts equally 360 degrees.

Just my opinions, and I'll be clear in that there's others here that get out a lot more than I do and kill a lot more than me. I'm about a 20 coyote a year guy and for some that's just a good couple weeks. (or less, so jealous lol).

I have the Foxpro Fusion. I recently bought the the M F K Edition Foxpro X24/TX1000 remote. I debated buying it over the Lucky Duck Roughneck. My deciding factor was the battery pack already came with the Foxpro, the kickstand adjustability, the warranty, and extra sound libary. 100 M F K sounds and 200 Foxpro sounds. The sound libary is great. It's very loud, but I don't play it very loud. There's not much of a need for really loud volume where I hunt. I've used the Foxpro on 6 stands, called in coyotes on 5 of them. But take the 5 out of 6 for what it's worth. Over all I believe I made a great decision. I've heard great things about the Lucky Duck Roughneck, so I believe it would be a great caller for you. I'll probably buy the Roughneck next year because of the great reviews. Sometimes an addictions can be exoensive. Now the Fusion is my back up caller. Just keep in mind that mouth calls and mouth diaphrams can be valuable in calling coyotes. Do your research on any product before you buy. This site has great info, you have to do some digging to find it sometimes Good Luck on your purchases.

Originally Posted By: iamhistory

Ha Ha Ha
thumbup1.gif
thumbup.gif
cool.gif

I have a Fusion it has all the volume that I will ever need for calling here in PA. I very seldom run the volume more than half to 3/4, I really like the TX1000 remote easy for my old eyes to see and fat fingers to press the buttons.

I have them both and would grab an X2S hands down. It’s got all the volume you could ever need and isn’t too big. I have run it side by side with a revolt and it’s not even close. The X2S is louder and the new foxpro vocals really are insane. If you ever feel the need for more vocals, the M....F....K stuff is awesome. I still kill a bunch of coyotes with straight blackout howls. The American made foxpro is an awesome choice. And before anyone else says it, yes I have a relationship with foxpro. I ran them before I ever was on their field staff and I would still be running them if we parted ways tomorrow.

The fusion is a great call but another thing to consider is the sound transfer process and on a foxpro that is a flipping nightmare compared to a LD. I tried rearranging some sounds on a CS24 just last night and remembered why I'll never buy another foxpro product again

I don’t have any experience with a FoxPro Fusion or the X2S, I do however currently have five electronic e- callers

Maybe somebody with some solid evidence of a Fusion or X2S will chime in?

I have -

Foxpro CS 24C
Foxpro shockwave
Lucky duck revolution
Lucky duck revolt
Flextone hand held a caller

Each one of my callers has a specific application, here in Colorado and Nebraska the sound needs to travel long distances, This is Due to the winds we have on a daily basis. I have found that the Revolution and Revolts rotation function is priceless in my opinion. FoxPro makes a great e-caller no question and I’m sure they have great sound selections now. However, mine now sit in the basement on the shelf, during the season I take both all coy Duck callers on each and every trip I make.

I Have not seen the 2xs, I am sure it is a well made caller and it may have more volume than needed in some areas? At one time I had a Krakatoa, I sold it because it was big, heavy and bulky. Never had a problem with its functionality.

FoxPro - changing of sounds can be a lengthy project. Remote is good

Lucky Duck - take out the sd card and add, subtract sounds in minutes - Remote needs a lot of work

One last thing - Foxpro CS and LD CS are 2nd to none! Great job!!!

No decibel meter just a $100 bet at a contest check in. There was no debate everyone agreed the X2S was louder. As far as the shockwave and cs24c comparing. I would put both of those calls in the same league as far as volume. The X2S is somewhere between those and a krakatoa2. In my opinion, probably closer to the Krakatoa.

Originally Posted By: reaper4No decibel meter just a $100 bet at a contest check in. There was no debate everyone agreed the X2S was louder. As far as the shockwave and cs24c comparing. I would put both of those calls in the same league as far as volume. The X2S is somewhere between those and a krakatoa2. In my opinion, probably closer to the Krakatoa.

Thank you for your honest opinion!

E callers are like pickup trucks,some like Fords while some like Chevys.I have Foxpro and Lucky Duck,both will call coyotes.Get what floats your boat and have fun!

Originally Posted By: Terry LightleE callers are like pickup trucks,some like Fords while some like Chevys.I have Foxpro and Lucky Duck,both will call coyotes.Get what floats your boat and have fun!

BAM!!!!

Originally Posted By: Terry LightleE callers are like pickup trucks,some like Fords while some like Chevys.I have Foxpro and Lucky Duck,both will call coyotes.Get what floats your boat and have fun!

Truth

Last edited:
Back