One More

DoubleUp

Added to the list last night. We went to one of the new places I scouted a couple of months ago. My hunting partner finally got his Thermion XP50 scope bloodied. I called in a big male, he made what looked to be a killing shot at about 200 yds. but I put another one in the ol' boy as he ran just to be sure he didn't get in the woods.

I didn't want him to lose his first coyote with it, and he probably would have gone down in the field anyway. Heart shot coyotes have been known to run a good ways, and neither of us wanted to go trekking through the woods with ticks and snakes out.

I didn't record it but my partner did. I'll be glad to see how his video looks. I'm anxious really to see what the recording looks like on the Thermion XP50. The view trough the Ocular is really nice from what little I've looked through it. I'll post it up as soon as he gets it to me and I can upload it.

Picture from his phone.

IMG950362 by Double Up, on Flickr

I love the redish color on his coat
thumbup.gif

Thanks Mick, unfortunately the recording my partner made with his Thermion XP50 didn't work, so no video and I didn't turn mine on.

Thanks week, but I was having a mental block I guess. It was my buddy's turn to shoot and I was doing the calling. I didn't bother to turn my dvr on, but should have so I could get a comparison between the new Thermion XP50 that he is shooting and my old Apex XQ50. We still don't know why his recording failed. As it was, I had to put a finishing shot into the coyote as he was running off heart shot because we didn't want him to get in the woods with ticks and snakes.

DoubleUp isn’t much of a travelin’ man, Kevin. I have tried to get him to join me a few times to no avail. The only thing I can figure is he’s afraid to leave all those coyotes. Someone may get them all while he’s gone.

Back