Weaver scope question

wileC

I presently have 2-7 redfield revolution which the clarity is poor enough it is quite blurry trying sight in at 100 yards. I have never owned a weaver and was looking at the 2-8 grand slam on Natchez for $260. How would the weaver compare to the redfield and the leopold 2.5-8? Thanks

First I would send the Revolution back in to Leupold. It is hard to beat Leupold's customer service. For that reason and the fact that the VX-3 2.5-8 is just a great hunting scope I'd got Leupold. Weaver just dropped their flagship "Classic V" line of scopes which they built their reputation on.

I have a Grandslam 2-8x36 scope. I find the eye relief on most Weavers including this model is a little short. Glass quality is better than the Redfield you have on par with a Leupold VX-3.

I have a Grand Slam Tactical 3-10x40 that is the best glass of any scope I have. The only Burris scope I have is one of the cheaper Drop-Tine's and is blurry no matter what changes I make. It may get sent back to them.

BTW, I've never paid more than $300 for a scope.

Yes, I'm fully aware that I get what I pay for. The closest thing I've ever been to competition shooting is a K of C Turkey Shoot.

Back