Lucky Duck Roughneck sounds

Incahoots

I'm new to calling. Living in PA I was leaning towards Lucky Duck only because everyone and their brother is using Foxpro. Kinda felt using something else might maybe increase my odds. Picked a Lucky Duck Roughneck with Rick's Killers nib box for $400. I couldn't resist that deal. What sequence and sounds seems to work well? Any advice or tips are greatly appreciated.

there's no magic sound or sound sequence. While one caller may find certain sounds that seem to work well for him another caller very well may find totally different sounds are working for him.

With that said, sit down and go through the sounds and listen to them, ALL of them. Probably will be at least a few sounds that your mind is going to say, "OH, that's going to call some coyotes in", and then go try them out.

This time of year if I were to throw out a suggestion, I'd suggest going in to the pup distress folder and pick out a couple that strike your interest amd give them a whirl. I like pup chaos a lot, works any time of year, but should be good right now.

Maybe start off with your favorite female or higher pitched howl, then turn on pup chaos and let it pay for several minutes. If nothing shows up, try a different pup sound, and then finish off the stand with a coyote fight. Several of them are really good too.

Good luck and let us know if you strike some action.

Originally Posted By: songdogthere's no magic sound or sound sequence. While one caller may find certain sounds that seem to work well for him another caller very well may find totally different sounds are working for him.

With that said, sit down and go through the sounds and listen to them, ALL of them. Probably will be at least a few sounds that your mind is going to say, "OH, that's going to call some coyotes in", and then go try them out.

This time of year if I were to throw out a suggestion, I'd suggest going in to the pup distress folder and pick out a couple that strike your interest amd give them a whirl. I like pup chaos a lot, works any time of year, but should be good right now.

Maybe start off with your favorite female or higher pitched howl, then turn on pup chaos and let it pay for several minutes. If nothing shows up, try a different pup sound, and then finish off the stand with a coyote fight. Several of them are really good too.

Good luck and let us know if you strike some action.

It is GREAT advice!! Run with it:)

Went through all the sounds. The sounds are very good. I can't compare to a foxpro since I've only seen videos. Haven't heard one first hand. It has Rick's Killers and Rick's Favorites both also sound good. Has anyone use Baby Robin with success? Or would it be better for fox?

Also, only thing I'm missing is manual and I can't find it online. The Favorites buttons on the side, do they aways got to max volume when you select them? Or is there a way change that it defaults to max volume?

so scroll through the sounds and find the sound that you want to set to "favorite" and then set the volume level, then push and hold the chosen favorite button until the chosen sound flashes, and release the button. the favorite sound should be now set at the level chosen.

same for the 2 hot buttons. they are just favorite buttons but on the bottom front face of the remote.

Last edited:
Back