Best Range finder under $300

Acronin

I mainly use it for getting distances on prairie dog towns. I had a Leupold 750RX this last fall but I think I left it on a coyote stand and is now lost.

It was ok, but I couldn't pick up pdog mounds past 400yds.

I'm looking at the Sig 2000, but I don't know how well it picks up mounds. Any help would be great. Not looking to spend $300. I don't need to range anything over 1000 yds that is non reflective.

I have a couple rangefinders, G7 BR2 and a Sig 2200 I bought on sale a couple years ago at Cabela's $349. I don't remotely even remember the last time I used the G7 because I use the Sig 2200 allllllll the time. Cabela's has the Sig 2200 on sale every so often.

I also have the Sig Kilo 2200 with the AB lite ballistic engine. Very quick response time. Has worked well for me on trees, brush etc. The AB lite version will give in unit drop/wind data out to
800 yards. It still ranges well beyond that, but only provides distance. I caught mine on sale at Cabela's also for around $349.

Sweet fellas, do you know the difference between the Sig Kilo 2000 and 2200??

I've been trying to figure out what the difference of $150 makes between the two.

Andy

My son has the 2000 and it ranges just the same as my 2200. The only difference I see between them is the ballistic solver in my 2200.

Is the ballistic solver something that would be worth another $100-150?

Does it do anything a ballistic app on my phone wont?

Andy

The solver gives the information inside the unit. You have a Sig app on your phone to input rifle/load specifics and can change profiles from the app. For any shot under 800 yards you don't need the phone. Just range and dial or hold whatever it tells you to.

Back