Hogster 35 with UNV mdvr test

Vance

I got my cable made up and found some time to do a little test out the back door to see how this dvr looks.

Here is a quick sample of how this is going to look. I sure wish I would have had this with me the other day when the Big Cat came looking for dinner.

The heavy equipment is about 150 yards away.

Thanks to Korey for helping me figure out how to post a video.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DoubleUpVery nice, and can't wait for some animals.

DoubleUp were you able to view the video without logging into Flickr ?

I’ve never posted a video on here and I think I’m doing it wrong?

Originally Posted By: VanceI got my cable made up and found some time to do a little test out the back door to see how this dvr looks.

Here is a quick sample of how this is going to look. I sure wish I would have had this with me the other day when the Big Cat came looking for dinner.

The heavy equipment is about 150 yards away.

https://flic.kr/p/2iVQH4f

Is there a better way to post video's so that they can play on here?

You can use youtube to host your video instead of flickr

When you upload your video to flickr and want to make it public or share, there is a curved arrow icon on the bottom right side of the screen. click on that arrow and use the BB code icon at the top. then right click and copy the address in the box. Just come over here and paste that into your message. Here is an example of a short clip on a bobcat that I took last week.

Another Bobcat by Double Up, on Flickr

I haven't used Flicker personally, but by looking at Doubleup's video a couple of things jump out at me. First, it allows other Flickr Members to download your video. I don't know that I want others to have the ability to download and distribute or do something else with my video besides share it. The 2nd thing I noticed is there was no option to watch the video in different resolutions or full screen. These would be two potential reasons to use YouTube instead of Flickr. There may be just as many reasons or more to use Flickr, but there is no charge to using YouTube, so that would be my choice from just a quick glance.

Ok I think I have it working thru Youtube now, but how do you get the video window to show, verses just giving you a link to go view it?

In YouTube Studio, you should see a link to your video that looks something like Inside of PM, when you want to add it to your post, go to Switch To Full Screen Reply. Up on top, 5th icon from the left is Insert Media Tag. Select it, choose YouTube Video. It will ask you for the ID, paste the ID value from the end of the YouTube link. In my case, it would be U7CGfCZmtfc. This will put it in your post vs just a link.

Vance thanks for the sneak peak
Could you maybe put up a few piks of your cable you made ? And maybe a link to get any parts you purchased to do so?
I’m gonna be purchasing a dvr for my hogster soon as well.
Thanks in advance

Originally Posted By: Shooter222Vance thanks for the sneak peak
Could you maybe put up a few piks of your cable you made ? And maybe a link to get any parts you purchased to do so?
I’m gonna be purchasing a dvr for my hogster soon as well.
Thanks in advance

Basically I just cut off the 2.5 mm plug from the UNV cable that came with the dvr and soldered it on in place of the RCA male plug that comes with the Hogster.

072B9435-71E0-4BF9-BB76-B6F633CF21F9 by Cornivorus, on Flickr

Last edited:
It is still a mess of cables that needs to be cleaned up and simplified. Since I don’t plan to use an external power source I may go further and cut off everything I don’t need. I also want to get a right angle 2.5 mm plug to make it fit better in the pouch.

FD7A99EB-5200-4D46-A59F-DC76426FF1A4 by Cornivorus, on Flickr

Hopefully my trigger switch placement will be out of the way yet handy for quick engagement . I’m just worried it might easily get bumped on when I don’t want it to be.

0097646B-7076-475A-AA0F-D5D647D1854E by Cornivorus, on Flickr

Back