newbie here, looking for electronic Call options....

Originally Posted By: Mr. Poppadopalis Coyotes can come from over a mile away and they will know exactly where the sound is coming from.

That is true.

Many years ago, I set up at the South head of 2 ridges. The ridges ran N/S and were maybe 3/4 mile long.

I started to call, and within 20 seconds, I see a coyote come around the corner on the East ridge, 3/4 mile out. I never made another sound because she was coming my way already. She finally stopped about 30yds in front of me, looking right at me.

From that far away, with less than 20 seconds of sound, she knew exactly where I was.

Very sharp animals, IMHO.

Being found or located isn't automatically a bad thing.
I've had coyotes come in and literally stare me down at under ten feet for what seemed like eternity. waited for that one to turn and dropped it.
Another came in and bared it's teeth under 18 inches. Got that one.
Have had so many come in to the truck I can't count. Some come in and I spot them in the rearview looking around for me. Got several of those.
Had one bark all the way in for several hundred yards, took his picture.
Had a bunch of them come in front being downwind and get them when they make the muistake of going to my left.
All of these examples have been posted here before.
Do I lose a chance, miss, or get tattled on-yes often- but I still end up with a good score and my own education.

Back