Contender 309 jdj

Beaverskins701

Good evening. I recently picked up an 12" 309 jdj barrel with the break on it. I was curious if anyone has one and if they have any loads they would be willing to share...... I have brass, bullets, and a 309 full length die on the way. Also a set of 308 dies to start forming, can a person use use the 308 seating die? They were out of the 309 seating die. Thanks for any info

Thanks for the reply and advice. I'll have to most likely get me one of those dies. As if right now I have an older set of rcbs 308 dies, and the FL 309 jdj die from ch4d. As I speak my brass and bullets just showed up so I was on my way to try forming some cases. I picked up a contender super 14 223 from my buddy, basically because I always liked the contenders and like odd ball things, when I found the jdj barrel I couldn't resist haha. My plan is bagging a ND buck this year with it if I'm fortunate enough to draw a tag. Either we can't wait to get out and shoot it some more. It may become my new favorite.

Also, picked up a couple boxes of 150 grain noslers for hunting, and a box of 150 speers for fire forming. I have some imr 4350 that I plan on using but Hornady doesn't list this powder for the 150 for whatever reason. 130 and 160 they do. Jdj's load data says 53 grains of imr for the 150. Is anyone running that load or have any other 150 imr 4350 load data they'd share? Thanks

You're in luck!
Check this page out.
Seems IMR 4350 is exactly what the doctor ordered.
http://benchrest.com/sst/jdj.html
I personally follow the guru, Mike Bellm, and mine is the 308Bellm with the brake.
It shoots 'lights out'!
cherry-furniture.jpg

Back