9mm 124 xtp load data

Tom 59

Hoping someone can help me out. Am seeking load data from Hornady's manual for their 124 grain XTP in 9mm. Will be using Universal or Longshot as that is what I have on hand. Lyman & Hodgdon use different bullets for their data. Curious as to what Hornady recommends. I have ordered Hornady's manual but looks like it may be a few weeks before I receive it. Thanks in advance

Not what you have.

7.8g of AA#7 with 124 amazing accuracy, meters like water. Play with seating depth, varying .005 at a time, you will NOT believe how much the seating depth affects accuracy, especially in small amounts. 1.270" oal with 124 Speer Gold dots, +P load, have no idea on the XTP's.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response. Main concern is COAL. Hodgdon & Lyman are real close on the charges. But Coal is a bit different. Lyman is 1.075 & Hodgdon is 1.150, not exact same bullets though. Wondering what Hornady recommends. Want to err on the side of caution. Thanks
Good tip on seating depth vs. accuracy. Will experiment a bit once I get a baseline & my range opens back up!!! This Covid 19 sucks!!!

Yes I have. You have to pay for the data. Either buy the manual,(already on order) or download the app and pay that way. Tried the app its a PITA

Load a few batches of 10 or so. Look at various COLs, compare them to factory specs, do a ‘plunk test’ with the barrel.

Then do some shooting, chronograph if you have access. Once you verify reliable cycling, reasonable chrono speeds, you should be good.

A while back I was doing load evaluation with Speer bullets, Win-231 for my 380’s. I loaded them just below factory speeds, within Book charge weights, called it good with reliably cycling.

Just don’t load 200+ rounds until you check them 1st.

Back