Apex ammo

I ordered some apex predator ammo . And My apex ammo just showed up!! I’m very excited to put a few rounds at a pattern board . I have a Carlson’s .670 extended turkey choke , and a Carlson’s .705 improved modified flush choke to start . the load is an apex predator load 2oz of #2 tss . Any advice on chokes to try

Standard Modified choke should work well. When I started loading shells w TSS, I tried chokes from several different manufacturers. Ended up settling on Modified choke that came w gun. It produced the best and most consistent pattern.

I shot the apex today . At 60 yards I put 41 pellets on the head neck and shoulder/vitals of a full size coyote target . I’d say it’s easy a 75 yard shotgun round with the full choke . At 20 yards I had almost all 108 pellets of #2 shot in the coyote

I wouldn't speculate what the load & choke combination will do that extra 15 yards out. That is too big a leap for guesswork. At those extended ranges especially, an extra 15 yards can wreck a pattern. And you really can't use just one shot as a baseline.

Back