HAM Javelina Success

DaisyCutter

I managed to fill my HAM javelina tag on opening day last week.

I spent a lot of hours debating what tool to use, but eventually settled on the Springfield TRP 45 ACP. It was more portable than my bow, which was good because it was a long hike out. Thank you for the earlier advice fellas.

BTW, I used Von Hansen’s in Chandler for processing. The green chili cheese javelina bratwurst was spectacular.

414381584.jpg

414381585.jpg

Last edited:
Our Game and Fish Department, unfortunately, asks an inappropriate price for "our" Javelina tags. I have the desire to hunt them every year but the cost of the tags seems to be far beyond what should be charged for such a little beast. I have taken Javelina in the distant past but we used to pay a LOT less for the experience.

Originally Posted By: Harvey7Our Game and Fish Department, unfortunately, asks an inappropriate price for "our" Javelina tags. I have the desire to hunt them every year but the cost of the tags seems to be far beyond what should be charged for such a little beast. I have taken Javelina in the distant past but we used to pay a LOT less for the experience.

It's supposed to be about the hunt and not the size of the animal, but i get your point.
Kind of why i quit buying nonresident AZ license just to kill a few coyotes.

I had the good fortune of getting to know a javelina 'guide' min Texas back in 1965. He had access to lots of land and 3 or 4 good cotahoula dogs. I never killed a hog but helped w/ the dogs.

I dont think Texas even req license then. Now??

Attended some great coon hunts also and one coon dog show.

Last edited:
Back