Another trip with the wife and more success.

Seebass

My wife has a "favorite" ranch she likes to hunt on, so when she want to go, thats the ranch we go to. Can't really blame her though, we've seen a ton of coyotes out there the past couple of months!

Anyway, on our first stand I had a coyote coming in but it was down wind. At about 200 yards without hesitation, it spun around and trotted off.

We made a couple more blank stands before my wife spotted a coyote 600+ yards out coming in to a fight sequence I play. I got to about 400 yards before circling down wind. We lost sight of it behind a hill but after about 5 minutes it popped up 300 yards away directly down wind. As soon as it came into sight it turned around and went back behind the hill.

As we were heading out we were driving passed a ledged bluff when a coyote popped out watching us. I stopped the truck, got the gun out and dropped this BIG HEAVY female at 75 yards.

Thats 2 HUGE coyotes we've taken off this ranch in the last couple of trips out there!

Untitled by seebass7400, on Flickr

On Sunday we took our granddaughter Mayvis out to another ranch because she wanted to watch some cows and calves. As we pulled into the gate there was a coyote watching the herd 300 yards away. Mayvis got to see it run off and was excited to see one. Here's a little video of her explaining what they do to calves.

Lotsa room for social distancing there, Carlos. Won't be all that long until Mayvis will be helpin' ya work over those coyotes.

Regads,
hm

You guys who can get your wives to go are very lucky. I wish mine would, but I can't get her to budge. I keep trying though.

Back