You guys that's shooting the AR DPMS ...

Using 62 grain Federal Fusion I shot 2 coyotes that dropped in their tracks last year. Those were handloads. A friend shot one coyote at 150ish with factory loads with the same results.

That friend's son shot his first buck with the same factory load with great results also, I think it took 5 steps and fell.

These were not from DPMS barrels but the bullet performs as advertised.

If black hills still loads the 60 grain vmax I’d tell you to buy a box and see if they group for you. I think they have two different offerings in a red and blue box with the 60 grain vmax. All I know is that bullet DRTs coyotes in my 223 and 5.56 hand loads.

Last edited:
Ya I think anything with the Vmax going to be great for minute of coyote. Fiocchi, Black Hills, or even some actual red box Hornady stuff (most expensive).

Some guys I personally know shoot the Superformance 53 gr and love it. They each shoot a pretty good pile of coyotes with it.

Originally Posted By: 204 ARSome guys I personally know shoot the Superformance 53 gr and love it. They each shoot a pretty good pile of coyotes with it.

Superformance 58gr outta my .243 Savage and Superformance 53grain outta all my AR15’s.

Never had a problem.

Last ones I bought for the .223 were $15.49 for a box of 20

Back