Patiently Waiting on Varget

Terry Lightle

Running low so have quit going to the range,holding ammo back for hunting.What gripes me is a store in Tulsa has it BUT they have raised the 8lb jug up to $249 plus tax.Think I would throw rocks before I spend money with a gouger.Have any of you folks seen gougers like this?

You need to spread your wings alittle. There are more and probably better powders out there. Time to find a back up. That or pay the price. Or the unacceptable stop shooting.

In my mind Varget is worth the wait.
I just looked at my local farm and ranch/sporting goods shop has it in stock 1 pounds and jugs I did not look at the price.

You could pay somebody from another state to ship it to you for $225.

Are you starting a thread about a shop that is charging an extra $25 because he has one of the last 8lb jugs of Varget for sale in the country?

I mail ordered varget twice since the first of the year, the last time just maybe 3 weeks ago. it comes in once in a while but you have to check nearly every day.

That said it's almost $30 a lb for the 1 lb bottles now, so I don't think he's really gouging that much.

You might try the Shooters World alternate, Precision maybe? It's down around $20 lb. I thought about it but glad I held out as I'd rather pay a bit more for a known quantity at this point. I have a cabinet full of half used jugs of powder I wanted to try but didn't work out like I hoped.

I went to the local gun store which has about the highest prices in the state so I thought. It was $39.99 there and another place was $50. I can wait.

Powder Valley has been selling the 8 pounders for $201,where I drive up to get it about an hour away.Bought a 1 pound jug from the place I was talking about somewhere around 2 months ago for $28 plus tax now he is charging$33 and some change plus tax.It will be available again,been shooting Varget since the early 80s or so and really do not want to change.

Third Generation Shooting Supply has a bunch of 1 lb cans for 26.99 I bought 8 and with hazmat it was about 30 a lb.
Tarey

Tried Third Generation and they are now out BUT Powder Valley has 1 pounders in stock again so I am back in business again,going to the range Friday

A few years back when we went through the shortage thing. I had an older shooter tell me not to over look IMR 4320. I had never heard of it. I bought 2 lbs. He was right.

Back