Any way to improve sloppy turrets?

KjBeachy

I just got the diamond back tatical 6-24. I bought it knowing full well it has sloppy turrets, I'm just curious if you can do anything to improve the turrets.

A long time ago there was an article written by Norm Johnson (one of my favorite gunscribes), and he said sometimes the turrets have to be "worked in", by running them back and forth a bunch of times--never tried it but …?

Turrets are everything. Glass can be so-so. But if the turrets don't work, you can't get anywhere. And no matter how you slice it, the more $$ you spend, the better the turrets will be. There are no magical beans to help you grow better performing turrets. One way around the predicament is by using fixed power scopes.
I have wasted countless amounts of time and money, trying to convince myself that I will never, under any circumstances, spend big $$ for rifle scopes. Well, decades later, and too much time and $$ to count, Im going for my first $2500 scope. Does a person need to spend that kind of $$ to blast coyotes at 100 yards? No. But My personal hunting conditions have changed, and I am more stationary type of hunter now, that relies on not spreading my noise and my scent around, all over Zeus's green acres.
I thought my jump from a $850 scope to a $1200 scope would do the trick. (For my needs, anyway). It didn't cut it. Im going to try to go used. Good luck with your set up!
Exercising your turrets do help in maintaining relaxing/evening out the pressure that turrets are under. Going from all of the way, back and forth, several times a year. To lear more about scopes and how they work, snipershide is one of the best places. And also 'What the pros use' in PRS is another valuable resource of info.

It is a known problem with some of those scopes. Contact Vortex and they will have you send it in. I did, they sent me a new scope and mine are a lot better than they were.

The diamondback line has for me been unreliable as far as turret adjustments, they have held the turret "setting". But getting to the desired zero has taken more shots than other scopes. So if you're not dialing you should be ok as in set and forget.

Originally Posted By: reb8600It is a known problem with some of those scopes. Contact Vortex and they will have you send it in. I did, they sent me a new scope and mine are a lot better than they were.

This is awesome! Just sent back a Burris XTR-416, the elevation turret has been jacked for a while. I hope i get the same results as you:)

I dont own any Leupold, Vortex, Zeiss etc.......All my long guns are topped with Burris.

I do however own Swarovski and Leica (Rangefinding) binoculars and i am very impressed.

Back