When will wraith 4k be available?

The time frame expressed has been around the summer of 2020. The coronavirus has all timelines currently up in the air. I haven’t heard of a more specific date.

Thanks Korey.

I would still really like to have that flir of your buddy's. Problem is even after getting tax return back I would still be a little short by what the wife and I feel comfortable spending at this time with all the uncertainty now. So I am thinking about going with something like the wraith to see if it would work for what I need. If nothing else I can keep saving and maybe go with an Armasight and be able to step up to a 640.

Last edited:
The Wraith 4K looked really nice at shot, but it still can't touch a thermal. I will hopefully be using one for day hunting like I did with the Wraith HD last year, but when night comes, I will be using a thermal as always.

I haven't publicly posted my 2nd PTS536 as my first one went really quick. I have a few people thinking about it. Let me know and it can still be your's.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
I haven’t kept up with the new Wraith 4k. What advantages does it have over the original HD?
3x vs 4x native mag
3840 x 2160 vs 1920 x 1080 Resolution
4K Video and Audio Recording
Rechargeable Internal Battery 8hr

They seemed to take everything that could be seen as a negative in the HD version and seem to have fixed it. I hunted with the HD a lot during daylight hours last year. It was a nice scope. However, if you moved the scope quickly, it was a little jittery. The 4K version I looked through at Shot Show had zero lag time and was super smooth. The screen was incredibly crisp. It is also more expensive but I do feel for a lot of people it will hopefully be worth it.

In summary, a wider FOV, twice the resolution of display and video, video and audio recording, and an internal battery to name a few of the main items.

Thanks Korey. Has a price been established yet? This scope sounds interesting. l believe $799.

Thanks Korey. Has a price been established yet? This scope sounds interesting.

Looks like a nice upgrade from my Photon.

Originally Posted By: pmackOriginally Posted By: Kirsch
Rechargeable Internal Battery 8hr
Can it be powered by an external battery pack? The initial indication from shot show was that it could be externally powered by battery pack just as the original Wraith could. We will see as documentation becomes available closer to release.

I had a deposit on one and gave up and bought a Digex 450 and love it. Had a wraith and had to send it back. tons of trouble with it and wasn't very impressed compared to the Digex. Only upside I saw was the daytime HD but I have a seperate daytime set up.
When I gave up on it I was told the release date had been moved up 3 times. They had no idea.

Seems they moved the timing from Summer to Fall due to Coronavirus. I am as anxious as everyone as I had anticipated doing all coyote hunting this fall with the 4K as I sold my HD because of their information earlier this year. The waiting game continues

Originally Posted By: KirschSeems they moved the timing from Summer to Fall due to Coronavirus. I am as anxious as everyone as I had anticipated doing all coyote hunting this fall with the 4K as I sold my HD because of their information earlier this year. The waiting game continues

Dang virus anyway !

Last edited:
Korey or whoever,

Were there any know problems with the HD models ?

If a issue should arise, does Sightmark have a good reputation of taken care of their customers ?

Originally Posted By: TXCOONDOG Were there any know problems with the HD models ? I didn't hear anything from Tom Austin on issues with the Wraith's Night Goggles sold. The one thing I did notice is I seemed to loose my zero, so I had to really tighten down the base/mount. This seemed to correct the issue. I purchased a QD mount but sold the Wraith HD before mounting to see if that was a better choice. I sold it after seeing the 4K at Shot Show.

The other items with the Wraith HD were more things I didn't love. I felt the smoothness of the image when panning was a little "jerky", and the base mag seemed a little high with a small field of view. Many people wanted audio recording as well, but that didn't bother me. All of these items seem to have been addressed in the new 4K. It should also have better video quality which was already very good.

Originally Posted By: TXCOONDOGIf a issue should arise, does Sightmark have a good reputation of taken care of their customers ? Sightmark/Sellmark use the same customer service, so this is Pulsar customer service. Most people would agree Pulsar Customer Service is very good.

Korey,

Appreciate the response. Looking for something in color to record my day time hunts.

Sellmark has treated me fair thus far and why I was inquiring.

Always shied away from ATN because of the negative reviews on both their products and customer service.

Thanks again.

Back