Night Goggles Inc

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ô Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3241411 - 04/11/20 06:46 PM Re: What gun mounted Light do I need ? I want something that really throws a beam . [Re: CrazyHorse66]
pmack Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: CrazyHorse66

Great light, great company, great value. This 700 lumen light out throws my SF x300u 1000k lumen.

Any idea how they came up with those lumen claims?

"TRUTH FACTS & COMMON SENSE" pro-staffer

#3241443 - 04/12/20 01:24 AM Re: What gun mounted Light do I need ? I want something that really throws a beam . [Re: NDAR15MAN]
NDAR15MAN Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: WI / ND / IL / IA
Guys thanks for the help. Like I said in my first post I have a D760 night vision scope and also a Flir 64 hand held Thermal. Before that I was a big nite light user. Nite light was a good light for me , a little big and when my money got greener went to NV / thermal.
Lot of new lights since I had that nite light 20 years ago or so. Anyway like said wanted to get rifle light for those states that do not allow NV. I looked at the Olight warrior pro x last night outside. Nice light for what I need it for. Shoots a heck of beam for such a small light. I am going to order mine with both a red and green lens cap. Kind of a dual purpose light for me. I think I am going to get the magnet light holder for the Ar15 rifle. I can just snap it off and on gun in closet when I want to go catfishing or just leave on the rifle for the looters when they hit the garage if we donít get all back to work soon. If you guys get a chance take a look at that Olight you might be surprised. $129.00 but you can do a lot of stuff with it. itís all about dual purpose now. The good days are behind me know I am afraid. Thanks for all the help. Marty .

Edited by NDAR15MAN (04/12/20 01:30 AM)

#3241454 - 04/12/20 08:53 AM Re: What gun mounted Light do I need ? I want something that really throws a beam . [Re: NDAR15MAN]
pmack Offline
Die Hard Member II

Originally Posted By: NDAR15MAN
I am going to order mine with both a red and green lens cap. Kind of a dual purpose light for me.

What happens to the 600 yard throw when you put a filter on it?

#3241495 - 04/12/20 01:05 PM Re: What gun mounted Light do I need ? I want something that really throws a beam . [Re: NDAR15MAN]
NDAR15MAN Offline
Die Hard Member

Red or Greene snap on filter the throw goes down to about 1/2 distance 300 yards or so looks like to me. Which is not bad. With me already having a D760 and Flir 64 thermal I am looking at a dual purpose light. Predator light in states that I can Not use NV and thermal and use this as predator hunting light , tactical light and a regular flash light. For me it looks like a very good dual purpose light. MD

#3241522 - 04/12/20 03:59 PM Re: What gun mounted Light do I need ? I want something that really throws a beam . [Re: NDAR15MAN]
Night Eyes Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: PA
A filter cuts down approximately 70% of the beam throw.

If you like it, then that is the perfect light for you.

#3241535 - 04/12/20 05:09 PM Re: What gun mounted Light do I need ? I want something that really throws a beam . [Re: NDAR15MAN]
pmack Offline
Die Hard Member II

Originally Posted By: NDAR15MAN
Red or Greene snap on filter the throw goes down to about 1/2 distance 300 yards or so looks like to me.

So now theirs a light you can throw a filter on and shoot farther than you can with a red LED, why do we need colored LEDs if that's the case????

Again I'll ask, how was that 600 throw distance derived?

#3241594 - 04/12/20 11:27 PM Re: What gun mounted Light do I need ? I want something that really throws a beam . [Re: NDAR15MAN]
NDAR15MAN Offline
Die Hard Member

Night eyes I am going to go with your 70% number. I did not have my lieca range finder out and not sure if it would work in dark. We could make out the guys dog he was walking real good it seemed like around 300 yards but could have been 225 or 250. I called a big advertiser here on this site and tried to get the candlia number of all there lights he sold. But he did not have the numbers or would not give them to me. He tried hard to sale me a light which is ok , I wanted to try to buy one from him but he could not provide me with info to base my decision on. Which is ok. I am happy with what I saw with the Olight Warrior pro-X Light few nights ago. Their numbers are published numbers , donít mean they are accurate but at least they are published in their specs world wide. I hope it ships out to me Monday. I think it will make a good predator light , tactical gun light and regular flash. light. MD

Edited by NDAR15MAN (04/12/20 11:54 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  SkyPup 

© Predator Mastersô, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.