Snow ticks

tripod3

We had snow a couple days ago when a rancher stopped by after riding fence.
While we were talking we both spotted a couple ticks crawling on him in my house.
I hate ticks and checked all around for any strays.

I've found deer ticks on me every month this winter. I work in the woods and battle the bastages year round.
I've had eurlichiosis, just a matter of time I get Lyme or rocky mountain. The odds are against me.
I buy permethrin by the case.

Caught Lyme a couple of years ago, ticks are pretty bad our way. Pulled the first one a couple of weeks ago off of me, I was on snowshoes.

Rocky mountain spotted fever is very bad too.
I got it 2 years ago and had it treated. But seam to have a lot of joint damage now. Dang.

I had lymes disease two years ago and still paying the price. My sore arm joints are finally coming to a stop. If I literally looked it up both arms the last two years it felt like they were broke. I went from stacking 800 pound farm tires above my head to hurting if I lifted my arms up with no weight. I still get the same type of headaches from time to time I had at the peak of the disease.

Last edited:
We have ticks terrible. Both dog ticks and the little tiny deer ticks. We treat out clothes with permethrin and it sure helps.

I treat clothing with Permethrin year round down here after one managed to leave it's mandibles in the back of my neck a few years back. Took three stitches to close; fortunately lyme test came back negative. Hate those little buggers.

Regards,
hm

Little leery of the permethrin. I spray down all my clothes and socks with 25% DEET before I go out and then spray my exposed parts with it. Think that is good enough? I don't sit in tall grass or weeds either.

Last edited:
Deet won't work The permethrin goes on your clothes and is allowed to dry and it is safe and good for 6 weeks.Don't gamble with ticks you all ways loose.

a lot of African hunters soak their clothes in Permethrin then hang them up to dry with no problems and will wash 4-5 times before soaking again

So my sister posted that she went for a walk today in WI in her woods and said she only had two ticks. Her son in TX posted back now she can have Lyme with her Corona.

Back