Who Else is Getting Cabin Fever w/Shelter in Place Orders?

uh cats. meow bang.
smile.gif

We have a "safer at home" order here. Nice thing there is a 300 yard range on my home estate.
tt2.gif
So I have been shooting, loading, and working on projects that I didn't seem to have time for. I did get a nice e-mail from the WI DNR that we will have turkey season, and my first license period starts next Wed. So I have been pattern testing some load/choke combinations, and have settled on one that looks pretty lethal to at least 50 yards.

Next Tuesday, I will load the tractor on the flat bed, to do some hunting land projects, pack my turkey hunting gear, and drive two hours to the hunting cabin. There I will isolate myself, and my dog, for week of peace and quiet. My brother will stop by, to visit, but we will have to maintain our social distance...Not sure how he will like that as he is a hugger.

So far this pandemic has been just a bit annoying, but really not much of a sacrifice yet. I will have to PPE gear up to hit the grocery store, for turkey hunting groceries, but we have a local big food store that has mostly stayed ahead of the shortages. I always have a good supply of paper products, from Sam's Club, so the TP shortage wasn't even a blip on our radar. Unless the virus finds me, this really has been a non-event for us. Being retired, and financially secure, sure has helped. My two adult sons, are still working, but the oldest one just found out his employer is cutting back about 10% of his hours...He is not concerned yet.

Stay safe every one!

Squeeze

• Half of us are going to come out of this quarantine as amazing cooks. The other half will come out with a drinking problem.

• I used to spin that toilet paper like I was on Wheel of Fortune. Now I turn it like I'm cracking a safe.

• I need to practice social-distancing from the refrigerator.

• Still haven't decided where to go for Easter ----- The Living Room or The Bedroom

• PSA: every few days try your jeans on just to make sure they fit. Pajamas will have you believe all is well in the kingdom.

• Homeschooling is going well. 2 students suspended for fighting and 1 teacher fired for drinking on the job.

• I don't think anyone expected that when we changed the clocks we'd go from Standard Time to the Twilight Zone

• This morning I saw a neighbor talking to her cat. It was obvious she thought her cat understood her. I came into my house, told my dog..... we laughed a lot.

• So, after this quarantine.....will the producers of My 600 Pound Life just find me or do I find them?

• Day 5 of Homeschooling: One of these little monsters called in a bomb threat.

• I'm so excited --- it's time to take out the garbage. What should I wear?

• I hope the weather is good tomorrow for my trip to Puerto Backyarda. I'm getting tired of Los Livingroom.

• Classified Ad: Single man with toilet paper seeks woman with hand sanitizer for good clean fun.

• Day 6 of Homeschooling: My child just said "I hope I don't have the same teacher next year".... I'm offended.

I told my wife I was thankful for being quarantined with some one I really Liked.......She said "It must be nice".

I melted an ice cube today, just staring at it and using only my mind. It took a lot longer than I thought it would.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogI told my wife I was thankful for being quarantined with some one I really Liked.......She said "It must be nice".

Well, at least your cat loves you? Or Not, Cats only love themselves !

The old sayin' "Aim small, miss small" seems to apply. Added a couple more dots to my target, both a tad smaller than original and "shot" two 10 round strings. Original target is .250", lower right is .195" and lower left is .180" (shot in that order). Front sight is .125".

49750979333_bd3a4cdc9f_b.jpg

Think I'll try a .125" target next, but first have to do a bit of "reloading" if I can remember where I put that old pencil sharpener?

This gives a whole new meaning to the term ".45 caliber pencil", don't it.?
wink.gif

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: hm1996
49750979333_bd3a4cdc9f_b.jpg

Show off !! Here I am sitting with a broke neck and you have to do this stuff right in front of me.

Sure hope you're feelin' better every day, Dave. Know that you have lots of friends here on PM praying for your full and speedy recovery.

Regards,
Clarence

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: greengt88Pyscodog, im quite fond of my 2 cats as well.

I had a Cat once!

Tasted terrible:-(

House cats have to be fed off just like cattle.
That or you cooked it wrong.

49751742156_f437b8ffbc_c.jpg

The last two 10 shot strings... .160" aiming point & circles.

No cats were harmed in the conduct of this exercise.

Regards,
hm

Back