Savage axis issues

Baby huey

Ok I'm not one to complain when I buy a cheap gun but here goes. Mills fleet farm had 223 axis savage bolts with 3 to 9 weaver scopes for 349 with a 75 dollar rebate.
I bought one to mount a night vision scope to. Problem comes after 10 rounds I ran a patch from the bolt end.. Last 4 inches of the bore the patch fell through. Had tension up unroll it fell out.
Looks like the bore had been drilled out for 4 inches.
Sent it to savage 10 weeks ago called twice to hear today that the gunsmith checked the headspace and sent it to the range.
No mention of the note I sent with.
I have never seen a secret rifling trick like this.
Told them either replace the barrel or refund my money.
If I wanted a 20 inch barrel I would have bought one..
Case pending

Originally Posted By: CoyotejunkiAre you saying the last 4 inches from the muzzle had no rifling, it appeared bored out.

Kinda sounds like it. Strange that by QC.

Sort of looked like button reamed plugged up or bore was bad on end. Gunsmith apparently didnt look inside. You could see defined machine marks at end of the step and only had 1/2 the rifling in the last 4 inches

Originally Posted By: lhitchcoxCall Savage for a RMA. They will take care of you.

OP says Savage has the rifle now. Curious as to what they say.

Originally Posted By: Baby hueyScattered. Never saw wording like this thought it was a secret code

Fixed .....

grin.gif

After several calls and some serious whining. Savage finally looked in the barrel only to find a defective bore. Now supposedly they have replaced the barrel and in the next two weeks I may get it back.
Been 3 months and if I hadn't called to tell them either replace the barrel or refund my money did they finally do something.
Now if it's not an exceptional shooter it's going away.
It's not like I had any expectations after the first 2 months.

Age old saying (would you take a heart transplant from the lowest bidder?)
You pay for what you get
Will update if and when I get it back

Still no gun or response from savage about my gun. It's not the caronavirous it's the lack of customer service management.
Maybe it's time for a staff shakeup??

Only been a few weeks. Give them a little time. With the virus crap going around everything has slowed down to a crawl. Skeleton crews working most places if even open. I sent an email to Criterion 3 weeks ago and haven't got a response yet. IDK if they are even open. It doesn't rally matter, we're supposed to stay home or limit travel anyway.

Back