Cfe 223 and hot weather

Remember, I had no problems going from 75-100*, but I did have the common sense to not load the very top end max load, also.

The folks that hunt in 32* and below weather are going to have to develop two loads to get the very best accuracy.

Even non temp sensitive powders are temp sensitive that I have found, H4350, H4831, and Varget.

Learning to reload for best accuracy has a life time learning curve. So, it is prudent to expect ALL powders to be temp sensitive, use NON temp sensitive powders when you can, but the real test comes from shooting groups at the range in various weather conditions.

For people that want to be lazy and not think, life's learning curve can be rough, especially if you are shooting some distance.

Originally Posted By: Prairiedogks204I've shot plenty of prairie dogs in hot weather. The trick is to keep ur gun cool and keep your ammo in the shade. To many people leave their ammo to cook out in the sun. Let it sit long enough and it goes from nitroselious to nitroglycerin. Your basically firing a stick of dynamite. I've had zero issues with cfe 223 and h380, never once had a issue. Take care of your ammo loads!! If your worried about hot weather remember shade is your best friend!!

I,ve been laughed at when i bring a heavy bath towel with me to place over by gun and ammo.

I use CF&E 223 in my 204 and 223. -20 degrees to the 90's. Never had a problem with it. I don't load max, don't need to. I keep my ammo in the shade or my backpack. Barrel gets hot I take a break. It is my favorite powder for these rounds.

Rudy

Back