Who Else is Getting Cabin Fever w/Shelter in Place Orders?

hm1996

Staff member
There's just so much TV to watch, & so many honey-do's and neglected projects, at least that I'm willing to tackle, so started looking for other avenues to break the boredom.

Then I remembered a rainy day passtime from AMU era 50 some years past, and started hunting for a wooden #2 pencil and a piece of paper. The 1911 was much less difficult to find.
cool.gif

Remove magazine and be sure chamber empty! Insert pencil in bore and shoot for groups. It is amazing how accurate a .300" diameter projectile, propelled by the force of a 1911 firing pin only, can be when launched from a .45 caliber barrel!

49740227447_b1cd52abf8_c.jpg

49739355138_fc4276be9f_b.jpg

The resulting five shot group above reveals that I got on the trigger producing the 3 shot group to right. Oh well, looks like I'll have a lot of time to apply a few doses of group tightener in the coming days.

Oh, if you try this at home, suggest you find a harder surface to hang your target, rather than a hollow core door, unless you wish to save your groups for posterity.
blushing.gif

Regards,
hm

[img:center][/img]

I have had to resort to flinging bullets at moving fur. I dumped the empties out of my pocket from the last two weeks.
I have regretted not getting pics of the beautiful goldens and balds not to mention the fresh brown and yellow weasel playing roundup with the cottontails.

I use to shoot pistols and even rifles in my garage. Just take a primed piece of brass and shove the case mouth through a 1/4 to 3/8" thick piece of paraffin wax. Put target on a large box filled with rags or blankets.
They are pretty loud and are moving a good clip. Will easily puncture 3/8 sheet rock.
Fun to shoot none the less.

i use my 158 SWC mold to make hot glue gun bullets to fire in my 38 the same way with just a primer. they're good enough to whack a pizza box shooting corner to corner across the garage.

Originally Posted By: hm1996There's just so much TV to watch, & so many honey-do's and neglected projects, at least that I'm willing to tackle, so started looking for other avenues to break the boredom.

Then I remembered a rainy day passtime from AMU era 50 years past, and started hunting for a wooden #2 pencil and a piece of paper. The 1911 was much less difficult to find.
cool.gif

Remove magazine and be sure chamber empty! Insert pencil in bore and shoot for groups. It is amazing how accurate a .300" diameter projectile, propelled by the force of a 1911 firing pin only, can be when launched from a .45 caliber barrel!

49740227447_b1cd52abf8_c.jpg

49739355138_fc4276be9f_b.jpg

The resulting five shot group above reveals that I got on the trigger producing the 3 shot group to right. Oh well, looks like I'll have a lot of time to apply a few doses of group tightener in the coming days.

Oh, if you try this at home, suggest you find a harder surface to hang your target, rather than a hollow core door, unless you wish to save your groups for posterity.
blushing.gif

Regards,
hm

Well done!

They are not enforcing it here. I spent a lovely day yesterday out in the field warming the barrel of my old 10/22 on a few dozen ground squirrels. Got a doctor visit this morning for a non healing injury then I will be back out there again. Got to do what I got to do.

I thought predator hunting was an "essential activity." That's what I'm tellin Five-0 if it comes to that. I'm also practicing my "social distancing," I won't let a coyote get within 6 feet of me.

Stay healthy guys...

I've been staying real close to the house. Visits with family only and usually outside. No sense taking chances. We are in a "Shelter in Place" order but I do slip out to the club when I just can't take being inside any longer. Usually there isn't anyone at the club so no contact with anyone. I have two yards to mow so I can get out and do that but thats about it. Not to worried about gaining weight, food just doesn't interest me much these days. But I am getting out of shape and I hate that. Sure hope all you guys and gals are being smart and careful. We don't need to loose anyone to this stupid virus. Be safe everyone!!!

You guys seem to be way too bored. Need some at home real
excitement in your lives? Try this:

Cat-Challenge.jpg

And no. I will not be attempting it. Too much excitement for
me.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: DannoBooneYou guys seem to be way too bored. Need some at home real

Cat-Challenge.jpg

me.
lol.gif

That ones easy. First shot goes to the cats head.

They delayed Opening Day of Trout Season here in PA, but got notification this morning that they opened it today...So im good now til the bass start moving and the Muskies spawn.

As unbelievable as it may seem, even though we are on"social distancing" , Masswildlife is promoting fishing, and the upcoming turkey season. All WMA's are open, and trout stocking is underway. Gunshops are closed though. Stay safe and take this seriously, a local veterans hospital, The Holyoke Soldiers Home , had lost 25 vets in 12 days here. This thing is no joke.

Originally Posted By: crapshootOriginally Posted By: DannoBooneYou guys seem to be way too bored. Need some at home real

Cat-Challenge.jpg

me.
lol.gif

That ones easy. First shot goes to the cats head.

I like my cat. Maybe we just shoot you instead.

If I wasn’t lying here with a broke neck, I would be out working up some loads for a new 6.5 Grendel upper. For now I just have to watch what you guys are doing.

Rusty, I like it - except the doctor part.

I live where we have a stay at home order, but my home is situated so it back up into a bluff. I can get a range of about 35 yds out of the backyard. So, I set up a couple of hay bales for the bow and an AR500 spinner gong for my RWS MODEL 94 pellet rifle. So I'm pretty much set,except for fishing.

I never said i would shoot "your" cat.
Just said that test was easily completed with no harm to the shooter by shooting the cat.

Don't get your panties in a wad.

Back