Bca uppers....nothing tight.

My buddy ordered a 7.62x39 re branded BCA upper(AR stoner) for a customer. It was around $219 at the time. The customer never left a deposit or picked it up so instead of sending it back he kept it. He said it shoots sub MOA all day long with cheap bulk ammo. Loves it to death. It shoots all in one little cluster off the bench.

The employee turn over was something that happened weeks before the the panic buy started. I received the information idirectly from the BCA customer service manager last week per my phone call conversation. Accidents happen, how they handle it tells how great... or not great a business is. I dont hold it against BCA by any means but I completely agree that the assembler next to who ever assembled it can check off on the workmanship to double check everything over. It only takes one improperly trained employee (or one that doesn’t care) to give a company a bad name. I enforced this in auto center I managed on lug nut torque and am happy to say not one wheel off in 30 years. Thirty seconds and a second opinion saves come backs.

Last edited:
the barrel under the hand guard on this bca upper i just got looks like it was kicked around the shop for 2 weeks before being assembled on the upper. its as ugly as pelosi.

i've bought blem/scratch & dent barrels from various places before. the worst i ever got don't come close to looking like this pos.

AND bca should contact palmetto and get some advice on packing and shipping product.

the the thin azz egg crate foam, flimsy box and 3 short/thin strips of tape holding it closed just don't cut it.

both times i received side charge uppers from bca the charge handle had punctured through the box. the box actually didn't looked that abused from shipper handling either.

I have to admit their egg crate foam sure beats how they shipped them last year. I received my last years uppers packed in a box a foot square with the upper bagged in a white foam bag. I received the first two uppers with barrels sticking out of the box and damaged. The receiver was poking out the box on one as well. UPS beat the shot out of them. I did order the. From midway USA and was told by midway the boxes were never opened and re sent directly on the same box BCA sent it to them. I had midway ship the third one re packed tightly wrapped in foam. It made it me undamaged this way. I wouldn’t complain if they charged another $20 and shipped them in a plastic foam lined gun case.

Last edited:
Received my BCA replacement upper today...

FRtnYK9.jpg

sQiVEeo.jpg

How hard is it to install parts without damaging them???

I emailed BCA pics of their shotty workmanship this afternoon and requested a call tag for another exchange. I figure I’ll let them wreck every upper they have left till I get one that’s not beat up. That new employee will get some good practice till he or she gets It right. I’m in no rush. They must have been closed today for Good Friday, I’m guessing, as no one answered the phones all day. I did see a fresh YouTube post an hour ago on a 450BM side charger so somebody had to be there today. After waiting over a week and a half BCA emailed me a credit memo for the first upper they told me to refuse since they could not refund the $20 difference in sale price that they listed on their website four days after I ordered it. I was told they would refund my shipping charges as well or I wouldn’t have wasted my time and efforts. Guess what...they did not refund my shipping charges as promised! I left them a message on the matter and emailed them about it as well. I will just dispute the $15.12 on my credit card as I was lied to.

Last edited:
That's a shame, glad you're patient.

For real though, if they can't get simple stuff done right, what assurance do you have that important stuff is right? Even if it looks undamaged, how can you be confident that the barrel extension is torqued right? How about the threads the barrel extension screws onto? Do the same people do the heat treat on the bolt and BE?

We really take for granted that this stuff is correct on any brand. But I would be scared of this outfit. Just some food for thought.

My other 22”BCA 243 upper looks perfect, runs smooth as silk, and shoots sub MOA with a lot of different loads. Imo the parts are quality it’s just the new people they hired need better training... or they just don't care. I always asked my employees if they had a lack of knowledge of a lack of desire when issues like this arose. Either way it should not be happening. I’d rather have BCA send the parts loose so I could assemble them myself. In all my years I’ve never missed my mark pounding in a pin. Someone there has some serious issues holding steady and/ or needs some glasses. The picatinny rail above the gas block looks like it has some issues as well. I’m sure I won’t hear anything back till Monday. BCA made the mistake of asking me to review the upper before I received this one today. I would have had more to comment on.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DennyrSorry to hear about your problem. Now I wonder what the one you sent back looks like.

Probably perfect... Karma To save $20 bit me.

Received an email from my credit card company this morning that BCA only refunded the upper and not the $15.14 shipping for the first rifle I refused and was promised by BCA a 100% refund including shipping charges. So much for empty promises. I called and disputed the $15.14 shipping charges right away and also let my card company know of the 2nd charge to the same company for $20 less and that I received two damaged uppers in a row for the most recent charge and thst I tried to contact BCA with no return phone calls and emails. I told them I wanted to hold off on disputing the second charge but gave them a heads up if BCA tries to pull another fast one. I’ll call tomorrow when BCA and see if they actually answer there phone or if it goes to an answering machine all day long like Friday.

Last edited:
Talked to BCA today. They are submitting a request for a shipping refund. I dropped the other one off at ups this morning and its on its way back. BCA is currently putting a third one together together by one of their long term employees and are sending it out as soon as it completed...even before they receive the 2nd one back. BCA said they could see the upper I dropped off today already moving in circulation and on the way back so they will sending out the replacement out as soon it is assembled.

Last edited:
Replacement number three will be here tomorrow. I’ll see how banged up it is or isn’t when it arrives. Still haven’t received my shipping refund as promised for a second time last week.

Last edited:
Upper number three...guess this is as good as it gets?

The gas block looks great but the forward receiver hole is the worst yet. They relied to cobble it up and touch it up with paint pen or similar.

xPIzYCI.jpg

Since I am going to look it over with a fine tooth comb I of course found other dings and bluing missing.

E1B3Sg5.jpg

KmCkbWE.jpg

And the bolt carrier has some cosmetic dings this time round...

ECF1QmL.jpg

I realize I’m being extremely picky but after sending me a third replacement upper they would have tried to replace it with a less damage. This is the the worst of the three forward assist dings out of all of them. It’s apparently the best they can do. I’m sure it’s not going to get better after three in a row.

If it was a noveski or other high end upper i might be as picky as you. What you are purchasing is the very low end of the spectrum and i think you are getting as such.

My 6.5 Grendel BCA upper looks pretty good. For $276 shipped to my door, complete with bolt and charging handle, I can’t complain. If it has any tool marks or tough places etc., I didn’t notice them. As long as it shoots good then I really don’t care as much.

Originally Posted By: GLShooterIs there a #4 in the future?

Greg

We’ll see. I’m getting tired of sending them back. I sent pics to BCA and I was once again asked to send it back. They agreed where the pin was pounded in looks worse than the other two. She wanted It back for a training meeting. I’ll sleep on it. I might just clean it up and live with this one. I’m sure no matter how many I exchange the quality control is not going to get better. Varminter 223 said his looks great but like he said it’s because his has a side charging handle so they aren’t banging in a forward assist pin.

Last edited:
Back