Coyote Kill Zone

Redhound80

Dear Members:

What would you consider to be the average size kill zone on the coyotes taken in Kentucky, Tennessee? Four, five, six or seven inches? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Kill zone?

I'd say at 20-30 yards I'd be more worried about getting off a shot!LOL At the ranges I've seen coyotes down there in the LBL it's hard to even find them in a scope! I'd guess any central body shot would be a rollover or drop. I like to think 6-8" at 300yds or less with my .22PPC/55gr@3650fps here in open country in Illinois. Average for them "deadeye" Kentucky boys is probably 4-6"! Good Hunting!

Nikonut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I would say about six inches maximum. There's a lot more fur than there is coyote /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Just get it in the boiler room.

Then of course there is the old shotgun with a full choke and bb's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Whole coyote at fifty yards covers it all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gifJimmie

Redhound80 have you got plenty of coyotes in Powhatan.I have not heard of anyone seeing any around here in Hanover this year.Last year at this time people were see them when hunting and I saw one dead in the road near Ashland.Just wondering if you think there are less or more than last year in your area.

Cooper:

In the early summer saw four fawn kills that looked like coyote handiwork. Lots of sign in this area. Then as the dry spell hit and the food source changed the coyotes went for different grub. I am located approximately one mile from the James River. Coyotes are using it as a travel corridor. I do not have any permission to hunt any of the farms located right on the river. As what crops that made it are harvested, I am hoping they will return to the areas I can hunt. As deer seasons get into full swing, the occasional deer that does not get recovered will help draw them from the river.

Redhound80

Back