Eastern Washington Coyotes

Raven2689

New to E Washington. Any places I should give a try to get a few coyotes?
Does anyone know any ranchers in the area that would love to have their local coyotes exterminated?
All in good fun

There is lots of public land in eastern WA, a good public lands chip for your GPS and BLM maps will open a lot of hunting grounds. That used to be my stomping grounds before moving to NM.

There are lots of ranchers with land that looks prime for hunting. I have had mixed results when stopping for permission. More have said no than have given approval.

There is a lot of public land around Moses Lake...also known as the potholes area. I've seen plenty when hunting waterfowl.

I live in Liberty Lake but do most of my hunting in North Idaho. If you ever want some company on your coyote hunts, let me know. I've got the equipment (including caller) but have a hard time dropping in on people to ask permission so don't have many spots.

- Miles

December / January fawn distress was bringing them in for me.

Through the breeding season, nothing seemed to work. Tried just about everything with no interest from the yotes.

Lately, I have been getting some with Shelterbelt / Tnt and other cottontail distress sounds. Last night I called a couple of them in with Turkey sounds (Gobblers mixed with hens and a few turkey distress that I found on the internet). Never got a shot off though as the cagey buggers hid back in the brush.

The neighbors have chickens and barn cats but those sounds ironically haven't worked for me yet but I'll keep trying those.

I went from whimpers and breeding sounds bringing them in during February to nothing. Now I try territory sounds and they come around out of range to check it out but no hard chargers.

Stop and ask permission AND ask em to join you to see how you do it and show you the spots where they have seen em in the past.

Then if you have any farming skills, fencing,shoveling sxxt, building ask em if you can help when they are working on their projects. Soon you will be famous all over the county.

Last edited:
Back