Any Zleupold Freedom experiences

Frankm

The 4x-12x40 Leupold Greedom with 1" tube and tri MOA caught my eye. Anyone have one and care to share your experiences?

Currently using a fine duplex Leupold 6x-18x40 VXII with AO on my 17 Hornet for squeaks but would like to get s scope with a reticle having MOA marks in it. Often easier to hold 1-2 MOA than dial it when shooting out to 300 yds or so.

Appreciate anyone's input.

I picked one up a month or two ago and initial impressions are that it's optically pretty great for the money. Yes it's SFP but the nice thing about the reticle being 1MOA hashmarks and the power being 4-12 is that on 6x you now have a 2MOA hash reticle and at 4x it's 3 MOA. If I'm shooting far enough to be holding over I'm likely going to be at max power anyway.

Speaking of holdover, that's all I intend to use this scope for. The turrets are definitely not confidence inspiring enough for me to want to be dialing in dope. This will be a "set it and forget it" scope and the 1 MOA hash reticle still gives me good graduations for making elevation holdovers

JL937, exactly type of input I was looking for. My idea was to also sight it in and leave it alone and use stadia for elevation and windage. Typically always using max power for grd squirrels so SFP reticle doesn't bother me either. As you mentioned, cutting power in half makes the stadia 2 MOA then. Rare that I do below 6x on a Varmit gun anyway.

Question, do you find the vertical and horizontal stadia marks 'busy' at all? That was one question I had when looking through the scope at Cabelas. Lastly you feel the glass itself has good clarity huh? Sounds like turrent adjustments not impressive but once sighted in not an issue.

Thx much!

I have the 30mm version with s/f, cds and it has very firm adjustment, I have not mounted it yet but first impression of it is very good.

I don't feel the reticle is too busy personally, but I prefer finely divided stadia on setups where I intend to utilize holds. And yes I feel the glass is above par for the price, but I did get a steal on mine for under $290. Not much to complain about at that price for its intended use

JL937, mind sharing where you got yours for $290? I m probably in to buy if I can find one for that.

Currently running a VXII 6-18x40 fine duplex with target turrets and AO and it's a great scope but like to have elevation and windage stadia in scope.

it is Tri-moa I do like it but is a little thicker than I prefer but would also work better in low light, the reticle is very useful, All that said I still have not used it but getting close and will report back

Back