Meopta CS and Warranty

shelton573

I’m curious if anyone has dealt with Meopta customer service and their warranty. I bought a MeoPro from a guy on another site. It was sold as opened but new in box. When I got it mounted and looked through it against a white back drop, there is a bunch of trash on the inner lenses, about 12 black specs spread across the glass. I pmd the guy and he says he had no knowledge of it. Meopta requires the original purchaser to submit the warranty info within 30 days of purchase which didn’t get done. I have called Meopta 4 times with no answer and left a message with no returned call.

My question is has anyone dealt with their CS? Not looking good so far.
And how strict are they on warranty registration?

If I’m stuck with it, I guess it is what it is. Just hoping that they will disassemble and clean it but may have to pay for it. Any info is much appreciated!

I'd be interested in how they do, keep us informed. A couple years ago I bought a bunch of Cabela's branded Meoptas, figuring Cabela's would always stand behind them and make it right if they failed. I don't have much faith in that anymore. I haven't needed any service yet and hopefully never do.

I do know the scopes I have are the same as the old Zeiss Conquest, and I did send one of them back to Zeiss, and several months later got a newer model in return.

Originally Posted By: 204 ARI'd be interested in how they do, keep us informed. A couple years ago I bought a bunch of Cabela's branded Meoptas, figuring Cabela's would always stand behind them and make it right if they failed. I don't have much faith in that anymore. I haven't needed any service yet and hopefully never do.

I do know the scopes I have are the same as the old Zeiss Conquest, and I did send one of them back to Zeiss, and several months later got a newer model in return.

Well it’s looking like that is not how this is going to shake out. Still waiting for Meopta to contact me. Have put in several calls with no answer or return. Doug with camera land has gone out of his way to help me with the issue and is working to get me to the right people even though I didn’t purchase the scope through him. Stand up guy as always and that is why I have and always will do business with them.

I thought I mentioned it in the first post but this is a Cabela’s branded Meopta. I called Cabela’s and they told me tough luck. Her exact words were “we can’t honor that warranty plus warranties don’t transfer. I hope it all works out for you!” Not sure how she thinks that is supposed to work.

I guess another aggravating part is if I sold a scope to someone and they contacted me and said it had defects I’d have them send it back and refund their money but I guess not everyone thinks that way. And yes I do understand that is part of the risk buying stuff off of forums as opened “new in box” items, but it is still frustrating. I’ll stop complaining now.

So Cabela's has went to crap in their cs also, great. That is terrible on both accounts, good luck getting it resolved.

Thought I should give an update and a big thanks to Doug at cameraland and Erik at Meopta. I initially couldn’t get through to Meopta so Doug got me in touch with his contact. Turns out they were having phone issues and couldn’t receive calls. Erik contacted me and I laid out what had happened and that the scope was bought second hand. My plan was to see if I could send it in and pay them to clean the trash out of the scope. Erik informed me that an internal defect was not something that I could cause and it needs to be fixed on their end. Since it was a Cabela’s scope they obviously couldn’t do anything with it so he told me to send it in and they would order a new Meopta branded Meopro and send it to my door free of charge. Not only did they replace it, they also upgraded it to the 6.5-20x50 version (other one was a 6-18x50). This model lacks the tall turrets the old one had, but it is on a 204 that I have zero intentions of turning turrets on so it is not a big deal at all. Overall I am no longer skeptical of their CS. Very good experience once everything got worked out!

Originally Posted By: shelton573Thought I should give an update and a big thanks to Doug at cameraland and Erik at Meopta. I initially couldn’t get through to Meopta so Doug got me in touch with his contact. Turns out they were having phone issues and couldn’t receive calls. Erik contacted me and I laid out what had happened and that the scope was bought second hand. My plan was to see if I could send it in and pay them to clean the trash out of the scope. Erik informed me that an internal defect was not something that I could cause and it needs to be fixed on their end. Since it was a Cabela’s scope they obviously couldn’t do anything with it so he told me to send it in and they would order a new Meopta branded Meopro and send it to my door free of charge. Not only did they replace it, they also upgraded it to the 6.5-20x50 version (other one was a 6-18x50). This model lacks the tall turrets the old one had, but it is on a 204 that I have zero intentions of turning turrets on so it is not a big deal at all. Overall I am no longer skeptical of their CS. Very good experience once everything got worked out!

Erik is a great guy. Very customer relation oriented

when bass pro bought out Cabela's all lifetime Cabela's warranties were void and bass pro will not honor anything Cabela's that had a lifetime warranty.

now, as far as meopta goes I have three of their scopes all are from the Czech republic and excellent scopes with some of the best glass out there even better than my german built Steiner to my eyes anyway. all were bought used off flea bay and the R1 4-16x44 mildot didn't come with turret caps. I contacted meopta USA and if remember correctly it was Erik I talked to. anyway, long story short he sent me the caps free of charge, way to go meopta! may not seem like much but a lot of places would have charged for them if they even had them.

So one of my 6.5-20x Cabelas scopes is really foggy/milky, and really difficult to see through with clarity. I called the Meopta USA cs number and talked to Erik this morning, where he promptly sent me an RMA email and said they still make that model, with the windmax reticle that I have. Said they would either repair it in the Czech Republic or replace it with a new one, he wouldn't know until he inspected it, and didn't say for sure if it would be warrantied or not but it sounded like it would.

Good guy to talk to and knew his products well, so far 2 thumbs up to Meopta cs.

Back