Prayers for 6mm06-David Vance

As soon as I know more, I will update the board. Again thanks to all, and I'm sure that not only are your prayers helping him today, but that he will be greatly encouraged by your good wishes and how much each of you think of him. Just imagine in your mind how much it will mean to him, even to the point of someone all the way in Italy in the midst of their crisis taking time to offer up prayers for him, and I know he has people clear around to Australia lifting him up as well.

God is good!

Update: Surgery went well, but David slept most of the day. He is weak but on the road to recovery. Thanks again and please lift him up whenever you have opportunity in your daily routine. Will update again tomorrow.

David , wishing you the best !!! I have been through that surgery twice. Follow doctor’s orders to the T !! After my first surgery I killed an elk 2 months after surgery while wearing a neck collar which I wore for 4 months. Did this with doctors permission.
I lived in pain for 10 years !
If I had it to do over again I wouldn’t have went on the hunt. However the doc didn’t figure this caused me any issues. I survived by getting steroid injections in my neck & shoulders then numerous Chiropratic visits.

10 years later I was diagnosed with Lymes Disease by my neurosurgeon and a FAILED NECK FUSION !!! Underwent neck surgery & Lymes treatment at same time. Neck collar another 4 months !!! Neck & back much better but will never be normal again. I had a natural type fusion with bone from my hip. Many use a titanium plate now which eliminates the hard collar.

Moral to this story :
1. Follow doctors orders & don’t over do
2. Time helps healing ( probably about a year )
3. If something doesn’t seem right get more opinions/ I stopped after the second opinion from a neurosurgeon 1 year after the first surgery at Cleveland Clinic. My Chiropractor actually saw the failed fusion on an X-ray but wasn’t diagnosed by neurosurgeon until 8 years later.
4. Be patient, lol !!!
We look forward to you joining us again real soon !

Thanks for update Owen !

Last edited:
Morning Update: "Most likely will go home tomorrow. I am doing pretty good considering. I am pretty weak. I had extensive damage but the surgeon says everything is looking good. Thanks so much for the prayers."

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpMorning Update: "Most likely will go home tomorrow. I am doing pretty good considering. I am pretty weak. I had extensive damage but the surgeon says everything is looking good. Thanks so much for the prayers."

GREAT to hear!

Thanks David for coming back to us. In these tragic moments we need your optimism and your sympathy so much. We are confident that you will soon return to hunt for coyotes from your shack. But remember that first of all you are a night hunter of the Nigth Calling section ... therefore we want to read your beautiful posts here ....

Hope for the very best in his recovery,a take it slow you'll get there.I always enjoy his post full of knowledge and full of encouragement to the beginners.Those predators will have to wait ,but you will back in your shack once your healed up.

Excited and hopeful to see a post from you in the future. I will continue praying for a full and speedy recovery.

So sorry to hear of your accident Daivd, glad surgery went well and wish you a very speedy recovery...I just read about this. Haven't been on here much with all this virus stuff...anyhow prayers for you my friend...

Hey guys, you all are the greatest. You can’t imagine how your good wishes have touched me. Your thoughts and prayers are a blessing. Makes me proud to be a part of you guys.

As for me, it will be a road to recovery, but one I am prepared to take, one step and day at a time. I can see progress in the two days I have been home from the hospital. I am walking, slowly naturally, eating and drinking and the pain is lessening day by day. I am trying to stay off pain medication as much as possible and only take it when I absolutely need it. I am wearing a neck brace and will for the next 6 weeks at least. The doctor feels the surgery went well and everything looks good. His prognosis at this point is that I will recover fully, or with minimal loss of movement if that.

Life is fragile and can change in the twinkling of an eye. Times like this helps us draw closer to the important things in life, such as family, friends and God. Though most of us have never met in person, you guys are an important part of my life. Larryb and I met up a couple of years ago in Georgia while we were hog hunting in the same general area. I have hunted with several PM members over the years and met some wonderful people. I can’t go a day without checking in to read of your successes and watch your videos. You are a blessing to me.

Hug your family, shake hands with good friends (except not when this virus is still raging - LOL) and most of all look to the Lord for your strength. He will sustain you.

Now, let the hunts begin.

wow just caught this and glad to hear you're well on the mend!

follow the dr's recommendations and take it slow. its not worth ignoring them and re-injuring yourself.

thoughts and prayers on a speedy recovery!

Back