Tikka T3x 22-250 8 twist special run

They did away with some of the plastic on the X version. I think they also enlarged the ejection port a little also. Still has plastic mags though but they are extremely tough. Should be a great rifle.

Originally Posted By: SqueezeOriginally Posted By: Huckleberry75My drawback to the Tikka is all of the plastic that they use. That being said though, they usually shoot fantastic right out of the box.

I think Tikka is hearing the complaints on the T3's. On the T3x, they have a metal bolt shroud, replacing the plastic shroud. Also they fixed the recoil lug complaint. When I looked over the new T3x features, the first thing I thought was, "Hey someone is listening to the customers". Yes they are charging more for the upgrades, but at least one can buy them now. I had to order metal bolt shrouds from Australia to fix that issue on my T3, and my M-695. If I was looking for a 22-250 at the moment, I would be getting in line for this one.

Squeeze

That's great to hear, a gun company actually listening to feedback. Now if Remington would pull their head out of....the sand, regain their quality control and throw a 6.5cm into their sps line, they could sell them by the truck load

I shoot a 22creedmoor now, but if I was looking for a solid 22-250, this rifle would be high on the list for a factory option.

Has anyone received one who placed a down payment? I emailed them asking when they thought it would ship and at what date we could receive a refund if they were not delivered was met with no response.

Yep, had mine for several weeks now. I am however still awaiting on scope for it. I also received my extra magazine and Tikka softcase.

I pre-ordered one of these rifles and received it around July 20th, IIRC. I just got home last night/evening and haven't had time to look at papers, but that date rings in my ears.

My rifle, gun case and extra magazine is still in the box/not fired as I was getting ready for a hunting trip when it came. The rifles had to be paid for in total before they would ship the rifle.

Sorry for resurrecting a couple year old post but for you folks that have one of these Tikka 22-250 with 8tw barrel, how are they working out for you?

The ones I've seen all have 22.5in barrels, is that what you all have and are yours stainless or ??

My dad seems to think he wants one and I told him I'd look in to it for him so any and all help would be appreciated.

The only thing a shot with mine has a shot at grouse his head off I haven’t shot mini lights in it I’m shooting to 65 grain Sierra game kings and it’s great with those I have not killed a wolf with it yet that’s why I got it

I haven't hunted very much with mine yet but it shoots everything for 55 grain bullets to 70 grain bullets extremely well.

Mine is the stainless model TX3 that I bought when Whittaker's ran their special order promotion.

I grabed one a couple years ago and have found it to be an amazing combination! I had a 14 twist for years and found anything over 60grs got weird..... The 8 twist will handle everything I have run thru it up to 85gr Nosler Custom Competition to produce excellent accuracy.
I have shot dozen of Coyotes with the 75gr
ELD/ Hornadys it works flawless over a 300 yd bait. The T3x will easily group them into .5" at 100yds.The ability to use the longer much higher BC of the heavier bullets really turns the 22/250 into a whole new ballgame! So much so it basically removes my need for my .243.
I am very happy with mine and makes a 250
a completely a different long range rifle.
Good Luck
Earle

So you guys have had luck with 55gr bullets? I bought a 22-250 over the phone and when it showed up it was a 1:8 twist. I was bummed. I shoot 55gr nosler ballistic silvertips. How do you think they would fare in a 1:8 twist?

Originally Posted By: Robinhood21Looks awesome! I wonder how far out you could seat a 75g amax though?

Won't be an issue. I have a Tikka 22 Creedmoor, which is longer than the 22-250, and my longest OAL with an 88gr ELDm is 2.76". The T3x magazine will go to 2.8", and you can buy the M+ magazine which goes to 2.95"

Old thread, but I just bought a 1-8" twist. I've tried a variety of bullets with a couple of powders. The best groups, so far, is with a Nosler 40 gr and TAC powder. I have shot up to a 60 gr v-max, which was ok, but not as good as the 40 gr. Most bullets I tried shot under an inch at 100 yds, but around 2" at 200. However, my accuracy is improving with more rounds down the tube.
I need to try some heavies, just to see how they shoot.

Anybody know offhand where to find one of these in stock??

Or used?
smile.gif

Last edited:
Back