The old beaver gunsmith

spotstalkshoot

My home project today. I purchased 3 TC dimension/venture trigger replacement springs from The Old Beaver Gunsmith. I'm going to put one in my Dimension and see if one will work in my Icon, I think the venture 338wm will stay stock at 3.75#. The 3rd will go in my buddy's venture predator, after the social distancing is lifted( he is definitely in the risk group 60+,paraplegic,stroke survivor). I had built an additional work/reloading bench and added 2 5000 lumens led work lights time to test them. The new springs are supposed to allow a 1.5 pound trigger, hoping for a good 2 1/4- 2 1/2 winter trigger.

New bench and lights were great. Total time for the Dimension and Icon(same type of trigger). 1 hour 45 minutes. Including changing the barrel and bolt (22-250 to 204 ruger), removing and reinstalled scope-56mms objective that the barrel nut cannot slide past and removing suppressor from 22-250 barrel and back on 204 barrel(Dimension). The Icon 2.51(factory spring 5.0)pounds,the Dimension 2.4 these were average of 3 pulls action in the stocks. Some adjustment left but Icon is a 30tc I use for elk, and the Dimension I hunt coyote in the winter with.

I have a T/C Venture Predator. I cut one coil off my spring and got a sweet 1 1/2 lb trigger. I'm curious to see how yours turn out. I can't say I've ever heard of the old beaver gunsmith. I'll have to look him up.

I took a coil off(stock spring) of the Dimension and like the weight, but have had a ftf(light strike). With the new spring in the firing pin fall sounds harder? Hoping to not have another ftf especially when hunting. Springs are 9.99 free shipping on ebay.

I can't use CCI 450's in mine. I got light strikes as well but the 400's work just fine so that is what I use. Not sure why cutting the trigger spring would make a difference as I didn't do anything to the firing pin spring. IDK? But going to the 400's fixed that problem.

Back