Sad Story

igor

I don't shoot many coyotes lately because the feral hogs are keeping me busy. Last night I was skunked after 3.5 hours sitting at a good spot and moved on down the road a ways. Detected some likely suspects maybe 1000 yards away and another lone critter maybe 600 yards away but coming towards me. Long story short it finally got close enough and IDed it as a coyote about 400 yards away. Was tired and disgusted as it was 1:30 in the morning and had been out since 2 in the afternoon checking new territory and an unusual 100 degree day in the Texas panhandle. Took a shot at about 250 yards and drilled it. Sad part is after all that I forgot to hit record. Good part is my Trail XP50 is still on target after 7 months.

Originally Posted By: igorI don't shoot many coyotes lately because the feral hogs are keeping me busy. Last night I was skunked after 3.5 hours sitting at a good spot and moved on down the road a ways. Detected some likely suspects maybe 1000 yards away and another lone critter maybe 600 yards away but coming towards me. Long story short it finally got close enough and IDed it as a coyote about 400 yards away. Was tired and disgusted as it was 1:30 in the morning and had been out since 2 in the afternoon checking new territory and an unusual 100 degree day in the Texas panhandle. Took a shot at about 250 yards and drilled it. Sad part is after all that I forgot to hit record. Good part is my Trail XP50 is still on target after 7 months.

Just a thought...I believe your XP50 has the RAV function(Recoil Activated Video)...my XQ38 has it and it has performed great over the last 3 years...couple of hicups early on when it was downloaded but, no problems since. Never have to worry about hitting the record button. I wish my Thermion XP50 had the RAV...forgot to hit record the last couple of hunts with it before season closed...really disappointed. Hopefully Pulsar will put out a firmware update to include it on the Thermion.

The usual saying around here is: "pics/video or it didn't happen". There are exceptions though and I believe this is one of those times. Just try and remember next time and all will be forgiven.
Congrats on your kill.

Back