Atn 4k pro zero.

Jonny88

Has anyone else noticed that the zero is different in night mode vs the day mode? I have no proof of this, but I have mine sighted in at night for 200 yards, today I seen a skunk out in the field and I switched it to day mode and missed. Not saying I wont miss, but I was sitting using shooting sticks, I usually wouldn't miss that shot. Due to this stupid virus I really dont have a spot to double check.

Lol. Happens to the best of us.

I have noticed every 4-6 months or so I may have to go one click left or right on my zero, but that probably has more to do with me than the scope. Mine probably gets banged around a bit when out hunting. I dropped the gun one night muzzle first on concrete and the scope hit a wall on the way down. Thought it would have knocked it off but it didnt which surprised me. Anyway, I think mine holds zero very well.

I haven’t actually tried POI or groups when switching from one mode to the other, but I have zeroed with daytime mode and killed coyotes in night mode. “IF” there has been any shift in POI, it’s been so minimal as to not matter.

As Burn mentioned, every few months I may have to tweek the zero adjustment, but it’s only a click or two. For the most part my 4k holds zero very well.

Pretty sure most hunters don't want to hear it, but how many rifles shoot to the same zero month after month with a regular day scope? Perhaps I should add how many hunters are capable of shooting to the same zero month after month as well? Some can, and I'm pretty sure some can't. How many/what percentage nobody really knows.

Videos often tell the truth. If you start doubting a gun, turn the video on and see where your exact aim point was when the shot broke. The next thing to watch for is distance.

If all that checks out, get a good rest, test the gun and ammo with a glass scope. Once you know you have a good result, then mount the ATN, and do the exact same test on day mode and then on night mode.

I realize you started this post saying you don't have a spot right now to double-check but just what my plan of attack would be.

I own an ATN Sight II, a 4K and a Thor 4 with an ABL and without one.
Have seen no difference in Day or night ZERO, sorry.
I have been using ATN scopes for 22 months.

Back