Bigfoot

pyscodog

Ever seen one? Are they real? Watched a few shows on TV about people that claim they have seen them. Are you one of those people?

Bigfoot comes up here every once in a while, I love this stuff.

I havent seen anything and not sure I believe anything but I had one strange instance in northern MN, I wish I checked it out further but I turned around.

It’s called a wood booger around here. There’s also a place called “The Woodbuger Grill” that entertains the legend of the creature and has really good food.

Like Rock Knocker my experience was in northern MN way back from the road in the 1970's. I hiked in overnight to a spot near a stand of old growth(Government 40) near Cussin MN, just had an eyrie feeling that I was being watched or followed, didn't see any sign of anything or sign of anything worth hiking any traps back in there either, never went back.

When I moved out to the Olympic Peninsula in WA we had about 17 miles of forested road to the house, every night I drove it I expected one to cross the road be never happened, I still believe they exist. Just too much history even from before white man walked the land.

Me and 3 buddies were looking for mushrooms in the middle of no where. We were walking the shoreline of a lake with one cabin on the other side. I decided to walk into the woods 50 or 60 yards from the shore line and walk parallel.

I got bored and sat on a log for maybe 5 or 8 minutes when I noticed a steady thudding getting louder. The light thuds sounded like someone in the woods stomping their boot or a spooked whitetail jumping from cover, but light and steady.

It was late summer north MN forest, I could see 20 yards at most through the buckthorn and other thick brush and as these thuds that sounded like a step every 2 seconds got closer, there started to be some crunching leaves and grass with it. Whatever it was was big and took a step ever 2 seconds, and was sneaking towards a group of 3 noisy guys, me quietly sitting further into the woods.

The steps stopped for a couple minutes, at this point Im trying to silently peer through the thick foliage as my buddies walked up the shore line, this sounded close. Then the thuds started again but heading away from me, parallel to my buddies, the same path I was just about to take.

I left my gun in the truck because I stupidly didnt want to look like the only guy out there armed wanting to play commando with 4 guys there. I turned around and headed to the shoreline and caught up to my buddies and that was the end of that, I only brought it up to my good buddy that was there later and he noticed nothing.

Not going to lie, I felt weird and I mess with some big animals and have spent dozens of night sleeping in the woods with no more than a sleeping bag, what ever it was was the first thing to make me turn around in the woods.

A very wealthy businessman here who passed away last year has the original suit in his living room. He funded filming the original movie clips for the hoax.
There has been a few articles printed locally and news coverage.
He passed away last year

Add a little twist. If you were armed and did see one, would you shoot it???

If they are real and out there, they have Social Distancing down pat. LOL!

Last edited:
I wouldnt shoot one, probably not for a million dollars.

No reason to shoot one unless you're going to report it.... or real hungry. And some stories say you shoot one and theres a good chance you're going to have problems with others, a mile hike out out of the woods could be a nightmare.

If I saw one then I know the dang gov has seen packs and keeping it underwraps, and I dont want to go messing with that.

And if the Gov didnt bother you and let you release the fact you've shot one then you're going to have the crazy bunny huggers really after you.

Your probably 100% correct Rock Knocker.

What's strange is all the sightings and all the stories, no real good photos. A trail camera can show the hair on a pigs azz but not a clear photo of Big Foot.

If they're out there they really dont want to be seen and they're really good at what they do. Even if they were at some intelligence between human and chimp it wouldnt take a lot to hide every track possible if it's in your DNA, dig a hole to crap in, walk in leaves or grass instead of mud, hide from even the smallest harmless humans no matter how far away or even stash dead members of a group.

Almost all the sightings and stories are unexpected and a lot of them are literally wet the pants moments, I think you would have to have a good camera ready to catch moving shots and have your wits about you the second of your life time you get the chance...

Had a lot of fun looking for Bigfoot with my grandsons. We'd hike up the hill behind the house and still hunt (with a camera) down to the house just as it was getting dark. They loved it but stayed real close to grandpa. They stopped believing when they hit 7 or 8 years old. They still believe in Santa though,I think.
confused.gif

Originally Posted By: pyscodogYour probably 100% correct Rock Knocker.

What's strange is all the sightings and all the stories, no real good photos. A trail camera can show the hair on a pigs azz but not a clear photo of Big Foot.

That's because there is no such creature...

Originally Posted By: GCOriginally Posted By: pyscodogYour probably 100% correct Rock Knocker.

Can you prove that??

I did a little digging after my story and ran into this podcast and I was hooked, called Sasquatch Chronicles.

https://sasquatchchronicles.com/?s=Best+of that's just the "best of" search results.

He has hundreds of episodes with guests and callers. Obviously coming out with a couple podcasts a week with good bigfoot interviews is tough, theres plenty of lame stories but theres plenty of good episodes where if the story is made up they get the best actors on the planet to act a script, plenty of horror stories and many of them good enough I couldnt call someone a liar over it.

I can honestly say I have never seen or heard a Bigfoot. Do I think they are real, well???????? But alot of people believe in things they have never seen. Do I think they are real, well again, "maybe" is the best answer I have.

Far as I’m concerned it’s a bunch of hooey. Had that show with the Bigfoot hunters running around making fools of themselves screaming and yelling and never getting proof. Same with these ghost hunters, it’s all scripted what they’re gonna say and scream and how to fool a bunch of idiots to watch them. It called enhanced which means B.S.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: GCOriginally Posted By: pyscodogYour probably 100% correct Rock Knocker.

Can you prove that??

Prove there is. Post it up. Go ahead, the world is waiting...

On the same note, can you prove there isn't? Same world is waiting. I can't prove there isn't and I can't prove there is either. He11, I don't think I can prove what day of the week it is. LOL

I'd rather hear stories than debate if BF is real or not.

Last edited:
Back