Pulsar Digex NV Scope

Good deal Ohio - looking forward to your assessments.

6mm - great idea on the side by side with the same light. I'll try to do that soon.

Was out for a couple hours last night with it but mr/ms coyote didnt show up till 3am and I was long gone by then.

Sir,at that distance it was awesome,I believe this system would work well in excess of 200 yards,at night. Seldom would a shot at that distance present itself here in Ohio.Not on a rifle yet as I had to order special rings and mount to fit it on my CZ 527 American 22 Hornet.I hope MR. burnsome can post some more pictures he's on top of it for sure.One thing i'll say as far as I'm concerned I like NV,over thermal,Pulsar took back my thermal unit no questions asked.That's just me however.

Originally Posted By: Ohiolongarm Sir,at that distance it was awesome,I believe this system would work well in excess of 200 yards,at night.

I would hope it does, cause that capability already exists for 1/2 the price of a new Digex in my 3 year old Photon and would believe the Photon RT and the Wraith would do that also.

Here's review, if that's what you call it, these guys are Pulsar Dealers. They don't really get much into specifics more of a cheer leading episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SS6-QH57GA&feature=youtu.be

UK NV needs/wants are different from ours, they're shooting rabbits, rats and some fox. They Prefer high magnification and aren't concerned too much with FOV. It's long range shooting at more stationary targets. They prefer high performing IR lights with lower NV sensitive higher resolution optics. They speak highly of the Drone Pro and Pard NV008

Not available in the US yet????

https://www.opticsplanet.com/pard-night-vision-6-5x-12x-riflescope-nv008.html

https://www.precisionnightvision.com/product-page/pard-nv008

Discontinued in the US,
https://www.opticsplanet.com/armasight-d...-scope-752.html

Maybe not??
https://nightvisionhome.com/product/drone-pro-10x/

UK Site

https://www.nightvisionthermaluk.com/armasight-by-flir-2

A few guys in the UK have got their hands on these, below are some comments from "nightvisionforumuk"

It will never be a dayscope, its primarily a night vision scope,I wouldn't use one in the daytime even though it would do no harm.

The positives low profile mounts really low to maintain cheek weld, magnesium tube construction , adds strength and the ability to use any ring mounts of your choice. HD eye display , very sensitive sensor to minimise IR required, slightly over 720px mp4 recording built in, scaleable reticule so aim points are always known. I would say it is one of the best overall build dedicated units for the price.

Negatives , APS batteries replaceable although not as long running as the new IPS range in the Helion/Trail , low base mag of x4 , some may like for the increased field of view, digital mag is very usable and PIP is the best I have used, but some may require more base magnification, menu scroll wheel can be annoying when selecting a function as it can jump to the next setting as you push it in.

Would I buy and use one yes, will cheaper scopes do the same job end of the day yes, but none will be as well built currently as these for the overall features and design. I'm a fan of the Pard NV007 and NV008 units, its all I currently use alongside thermals, they offer great value for money day and night without doubt and there tiny, in fact you don't need anything else as there the complete package...so its all down to personal choice, what you require the DIgex is just overall more a finished solid product in terms looks/design/features albeit purely for night use..

Is it worth double the price of an NV008 ??? It wont shoot you any more foxes, personal choice and needs..

Another...

To be fair, the Digex is probably a good second to the Drone Pro and at around half the price of a new Drone Pro (ENV10), will satisfy a lot of people who have never seen through a Drone Pro.
Mind you, used Drone Pros are now selling for around £1300 so that would IMHO be a better way to spend my money.

This comment is an example on how our lighting needs are different, his take is the scope is too sensitive based on the IR lights they are running

Yes picked one up on Friday. Not had chance to try it out in the field yet cos of the sxxt weather down here in South Devon. Initial impression looking out the back window is, included 850nm is crap, 850nm Dark Engine is way too powerful for normal 100-200yd even on flood and white`s out, 940nm Dark Engine is doable from 50 yds + but think I would need to digi mag up for the shot and don`t like the loss of clarity when comparing it to my STac/Pard007 combo. The objective focus seems inconsistent in its to and fro travel but the overall build quality is excellent. I think it will be going back.

The Yukon Sightline is the UK version of our Photon

I tried the Yukon Sightline against a Pard NV008 and whilst the overall build was good and features like PIP, very sensitive to low light the unit was very big and heavy, and didn't like too much IR as its not designed for that, its designed for minimal IR and sensitivity . In all honesty I preferred the Pard NV008, so much lighter and smaller, capable of day use in 1080p, inbuilt IR, recording, etc it didn't stand a chance only one two points which were overall build and low light sensitivity ..

The Digex steps up again and I much prefer the design of it over the Sightline, it does bring performance improvements, but is it worth double an NV008 again in terms of performance and versatility for most peoples need, no.. overall build is better by far though.. and it is first and foremost a "low light" night vision scope with good recording , menu, pip , etc

And how do they not know about us coyote hunters....

The EU/US customers like wider field of view and more sensitivity to allow minimal IR for hunting up close on pigs/boars , I do think Pulsar need to get on the 1080p and 4k bandwagon but as we all know they need laser illumination to truely bring them out and there has been much heated debate around these recently...BUT others will be making strides against this requirement and things will no doubt change again within the coming months..

If Pulsar brought out a Digex with a 1080p sensor colour/night sensor I think they would be a huge success as they have the design, strong build, software and basically platform all there for the taking...although they would still be competing against the likes of a Pard NV008 and NV008 LRF , which they could probably never match price wise.

Pulsar currently only concentrate on lower resolution, higher sensitivity NV scopes rather than low sensitivity high resolution scopes ...

Last edited:
Thanks for all that information research Pmack. For me, its 4x lowest magnification is a bit much for me as I like a wider field of view. I agree with one of the comments referencing it being primarily a night time scope.

Burnsome I would like to upgrade my Photon next season, just keeping my options open. ATN IMO is not an option. If the Digex pans out so be it, just don't want to pay extra $$ for it if it's not justified. Any chance to compare it to your ATN using the same IR light?

Originally Posted By: pmackBurnsome I would like to upgrade my Photon next season, just keeping my options open. ATN IMO is not an option. If the Digex pans out so be it, just don't want to pay extra $$ for it if it's not justified. Any chance to compare it to your ATN using the same IR light?

I'll try to Pmack. I've been sick for last 4-5 days so will try do that comparison soon.

Glad it's working out for you OLA. I'll try to get out tonight or tomorrow and check it next to my 4K side by side with the same IR light and take a video or two. I doubt if I'll be keeping mine. Cant get used to the narrower field of view compared to my 4K. Probably go with a Hogster-R Thermal for my 2nd night rifle. It would come in handier when I go hunt in Montana every year.

Originally Posted By: Burnsome... Cant get used to the narrower field of view compared to my 4K.

Burnsome these are the things guys are looking for in a review. That would be easy to show in a video or a still pic if that's an option.

Took a few videos tonight with the two scopes side by side for comparison. Overcast and cloudy. No moonlight sneaking through. Hope this helps.

DIGEX scope/IR light. 130 yards to building
[video:youtube][/video]

ATN 4K - 130 yards to building using DIGEX IR light

Same set-up, but distance to the edge of dark fence is 150 yards

DIGEX scope/IR light

ATN 4K using DIGEX IR light

Last edited:
Burn, I know we keep asking you to do things, but before you send in your Digex it would really be a help to see a side by side comparison with your best 850 light on each scope rather than the 940.

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpBurn, I know we keep asking you to do things, but before you send in your Digex it would really be a help to see a side by side comparison with your best 850 light on each scope rather than the 940.

LOL, I knew I should have done that last night AFTER I put everything up. No problem DU. I should be able to do that tonight. Anything for you guys LOL....

I did notice last night when I was NOT taking a video from the 4K, that when I blasted an area with my best IR light it made the 4K look much more capable. Hoever, I neglected to look through the DIGEX with the best IR light on my other rifle. I guess what I'm noticing is these type scopes are VERY much affected by the quality of the IR and also the focused beam attributes.

Originally Posted By: Ohiolongarm Thanks again sir,looking through my eyes the clear winner is the Digex.

No problem OLA. Glad to help

Burn thanks for those videos, Digex does look to be a step above the 4K image wise. Were those videos taken with the same magnification?

NP pmack. Videos were taken with the lowest magnification on each scope. 4K is 3 power. DIGEX is 4 power as you can see the narrower FOV.

Tonight I'll do the same test from the same spot, with the only difference being I'll use the IR 850 Pro light for both.

Originally Posted By: Burnsome...NP pmack. Videos were taken with the lowest magnification on each scope. 4K is 3 power. DIGEX is 4 power as you can see the narrower FOV.

Tonight I'll do the same test from the same spot, with the only difference being I'll use the IR 850 Pro light for both.

That makes sense, thank you again.

So tonight the test was to compare the Digex to the ATN 4k scope using the "standard" IR 850 light that comes with the 4K scope AND the IR 850 Pro IR light from ATN.

Same test area as last night. Total darkness with heavy clouds

First up...ATN 4K. First 15-20 seconds show the standard light, last 15-20 seconds show the PRO. Apologies for the cigar smoke that appears sometimes in the image....

Next up...Digex. Again, first 15-20 seconds showing the scope image when using the ATN standard IR light that comes with the ATN scope. Last 15-20 or so seconds show what happens when lit up with the 850 Pro.

Keep in mind my 850 Pro light is tightly focused and works very well for my needs with the 4K. It appears to be more suited for the 4K. You can see washout from the Digex image when blasted with the 850 Pro. I would guess the Pro light would need to be opened up a bit to be more useful with the Digex. However, I would guess the Digex would be capable of much more range at night than the 4K.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Very good work Burn. I think you're right, the 850 Pro needs to be opened up from the tight zoom used on the 4k. Thank you for going to all that trouble.

Back