Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 23 of 23 < 1 2 ... 21 22 23
Topic Options
#3239388 - 03/24/20 10:02 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: S. Texas

To read entire story, cut and paste the (BOLD)headline in your browser

BREITBART
NRA: Coronavirus Lockdowns Show Danger of Waiting Periods on Gun Purchases

The National Rifle Association (NRA) notes that coronavirus shutdowns resulting in the closure of gun stores in various states demonstrate that gun controls the left once pushed as “reasonable” have become anything but.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
North Carolina: Wake Co. Sheriff Suspends Pistol Permit Issuance

At a time when uncertainty about social order has prompted a large number of Americans to exercise their Second Amendment right to self-defense, the office of Wake County Sheriff Gerald Baker announced today that they will not issue new Pistol Purchase Permits until at least April 30th.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
State Representative Requests Opinion from Texas Attorney General on Exclusion of Gun Manufacturers & Retailers as "Essential Businesses" in Local Emergency Orders

Today, State Representative Dustin Burrows (R-Lubbock), Chairman of the Texas House Committee on Ways & Means, formally requested an opinion from Attorney General Ken Paxton (R) on whether city and/or county officials can prohibit the sale of firearms through an emergency order or declaration by excluding firearms manufacturers and retailers as "essential businesses."

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Denver Mayor Exempts Alcohol Stores and Marijuana Dispensaries, not Gun Stores

Yesterday, Denver Mayor Michael Hancock issued a city-wide shutdown amidst the current Covid 19 outbreak.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
California: Los Angeles Sheriff Orders Gun Stores to Shut Down

Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva is ordering the closure of gun stores in California's most populous county as non-essential businesses.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Florida Alert! Dozens of GUN CONTROL Bills Died In Florida This Session - Thank NRA

It was another very tough Legislative Session in Florida this year. Anti-gun Democrats were emboldened by Michael Bloomberg's money. His money had been strategically placed to help pass another major gun control bill.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
West Virginia: Gov. Justice Protects Second Amendment

Governor Jim Justice’s recent Executive Order No. 9-20 designates “firearm and ammunition suppliers and retailers” under “Essential Businesses and Operations,” exempting them from being shut down during this state of emergency.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Oregon: Attorney General Amends Title for Anti Self-Defense Initiative

On March 20th, the Attorney General submitted an amended ballot title for Initiative Petition 40. The state Supreme Court previously sided with NRA on several points in a challenge against IP 40, finding the title and “yes” result statement inadequate to alert voters of the changes proposed to the law.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Wisconsin: Second Amendment Rights Protected by Governor’s Emergency Order

Governor Tony Evers’ recent Emergency Order #12, titled “Safer at Home,” designates “firearm and ammunition suppliers and retailers for purposes of safety and security” under “Essential Businesses and Operations,” exempting them from being shut down during this state of emergency.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Virginia: Gun Stores to Remain Open

In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Governor Ralph Northam’s recently issued Executive Order 53 temporarily places restrictions on numerous businesses across the state. Though it does not designate firearm and ammunition retailers as “essential retail businesses,” they “may continue to operate but must limit all in-person shopping to no more than 10 patrons per establishment… with proper social distancing requirements.”

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Pennsylvania: House Judiciary Chairman Vows to Put an End to Ammunition Tax and Permit Requirement Legislation

On Tuesday, March 10, the House Judiciary Committee received House Bill 2344, legislation that implements a “permit to purchase” for ammunition, as well as a tax on all ammo purchases.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Arizona: Second Amendment Rights Protected by Governor’s Executive Order

Governor Doug Ducey’s recent Executive Order 2020-12 designates “firearm and ammunition suppliers and retailers for purposes of safety and security” under Essential Businesses and Operations, exempting them from being shut down during this state of emergency.

SHARE THIS EMAIL

If My people will humble themselves, pray, seek My face & turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven & will forgive their sin & heal their land.

#3239512 - 03/25/20 09:17 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
West Virginia: Governor Signs Important Preemption Bill

Today, Governor Jim Justice signed Senate Bill 96 to strengthen West Virginia’s preemption law.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Michigan: Gov. Whitmer Issues Executive Order In Response to COVID-19

On March 23rd, Governor Gretchen Whitmer issued Executive Order No. 2020-21 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, which includes a requirement to suspend activities that are not “necessary to sustain or protect life.”

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Arizona: Legislature Adjourns For Recess

On March 24th, the Arizona Legislature adjourned for a recess until April 13th due to concerns regarding the COVID-19 virus. No hearings or floor sessions will be scheduled during this time.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Florida Alert! It's Here! A Way for You to Help Save Your Guns & Gun Rights

Members and friends keep asking me what they can do to help -- well, keep reading. If you really and truly want to help save your gun rights and Freedom in America, I'm going to tell you how

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
California: Los Angeles Sheriffs Halts Closures of Gun Stores

Last night, the Los Angeles County Sheriff announced that he would be suspending efforts to close down gun stores after receiving an opinion from Los Angeles County counsel that gun stores could in fact be classified as essential businesses under the Governor's executive order.

BREITBART
Armed Citizen Intervenes, Shoots Suspect Who Allegedly Opened Fire on Police

An armed citizen who saw a suspect allegedly shooting at police in Fresno, California, on Tuesday evening pulled out his handgun, took aim, and fired, driving the suspect to the ground.

TOWNHALL
The Latest Victim of COVID-19 Is the Second Amendment

The latest victim of the COVID-19 pandemic is not a health care worker, a first responder, or a cruise line traveler. The purveyor is not an invisible microbe. The perpetrators of the latest assault on men and women in cities and states across the country are left-wing governors and mayors who have decided the pandemic provides a convenient excuse to deny law abiding citizens the freedom to exercise their Second Amendment rights.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Pennsylvania: Gun Shops Allowed to Reopen on a Limited Basis

During the current Covid 19 outbreak, many businesses were forced to close because they are considered “non-life-sustaining.”

SHARE THIS EMAIL

If My people will humble themselves, pray, seek My face & turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven & will forgive their sin & heal their land.

#3239531 - 03/25/20 10:36 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
crapshoot Offline
Retired PM Staff

Loc: Henderson,Nevada,USA
So a little side track here...

How can the NRA give John Velis of Massachusetts an A-rating when he voted in favor of "red flag" laws?

I'm a life member so I'm not someone on the outside nitpicking here. This just befuddles me.

Average response time for a 911 call is 10 min.
Average response time for a .45acp is 900FPS.

Remember, if you're not pissing off a liberal......You are one!
Ted Nugent

#3239544 - 03/26/20 07:56 AM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
West.Mass.Hunter Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Massachusetts
This will sound nitpicky as I AM someone on the outside (not an NRA member) who thinks that a huge portion of contributions goes towards boardmembers pockets and not nearly enough towards what it's supposed to. NRA has all but forgot about Massachusetts so for them to give Velis an A- it has to be because of money donations or future promises,not past actions.

#3239605 - 03/26/20 09:21 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
masshunter Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: western mass
I would guess the minus is the vote on red flag.That's a tough vote to defend in this state. In this state an A minus is huge. But maybe, just maybe if more gun owners belonged to NRA, and could be shown as a voting block we could turn the tide. They may not be perfect, but its the best we have.Without them we would be like England right now. Nobody pushes around Lawyers, Doctors, or Teachers,because they are organized. Gun owners are too independent and unorganized. Its not like membership is a huge amount of money. The NRA has also helped out a lot of clubs with loans for range rehabs right here in Mass.
We don't agree with everything in every part of life, church, civic club, union, or family, but we look beyond for the greater good. There are other groups to support, but the reason the NRA is always under attack is because they are successful.
We really need to stand together now more than ever.

#3239620 - 03/26/20 10:48 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
crapshoot Offline
Retired PM Staff

B- or even a C would have been more appropriate.

Ted Nugent

#3239630 - 03/27/20 01:10 AM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: masshunter]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

Originally Posted By: masshunter
I would guess the minus is the vote on red flag.That's a tough vote to defend in this state. In this state an A minus is huge. But maybe, just maybe if more gun owners belonged to NRA, and could be shown as a voting block we could turn the tide. They may not be perfect, but its the best we have.Without them we would be like England right now. Nobody pushes around Lawyers, Doctors, or Teachers,because they are organized. Gun owners are too independent and unorganized. Its not like membership is a huge amount of money. The NRA has also helped out a lot of clubs with loans for range rehabs right here in Mass.
We don't agree with everything in every part of life, church, civic club, union, or family, but we look beyond for the greater good. There are other groups to support, but the reason the NRA is always under attack is because they are successful.
We really need to stand together now more than ever.

Bears repeating. thumbup

Regards,
hm

#3239631 - 03/27/20 01:18 AM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
California: Los Angeles Sheriff Reverses Course Again and Orders Gun Stores to Close to the Public!

Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva took to twitter to announce he is once again ordering the closure of guns stores to almost all retail traffic. This comes after the closure was announced, then lifted, but is now back in place.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
New Mexico: Governor Wastes Law Enforcement Resources to Ensure Gun Stores are Shuttered

In response to the Covid 19 outbreak, Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham ordered the closure of all businesses she doesn’t consider “Essential.”

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Maine: Gun Stores Being Shut Down

In response to COVID-19, Governor Mills issued an executive order that required all non-essential businesses to close their physical locations that allow “in-person” contact until April 8th. Today, Kittery Trading Post – a gun store – was shut down as a non-essential business!

WASHINGTON EXAMINER
Teenager opens fire on three armed men after attempted burglary

A 17-year-old shot and killed at least one of three armed intruders who broke into his Georgia home, according to police.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Minnesota: Governor Walz Issues Executive Order in Response to Covid 19

In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Governor Tim Walz has issued Executive Order 20-20, the “Stay at Home” order which takes effect tomorrow.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Colorado: Governor Polis Allows Gun Stores to Remain Open During State Lockdown

Governor Jared Polis’ recent Order D2020-017 designates “firearms stores” under “Critical Retail,” exempting them from being shut down during this state of emergency.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Idaho: Governor Little Protects the Second Amendment – Gun Stores Will Remain Open

Governor Brad Little’s recent Order to Self-Isolate designates firearm-related businesses, including gun stores, as “essential,” exempting them from being shut down during this state of emergency.

SHARE THIS EMAIL

#3239706 - 03/27/20 10:14 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Alabama: Gun Stores to Remain Open

In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Governor Kay Ivey and State Health Officer Scott Harris amended the order suspending certain public gatherings to include restrictions on numerous businesses across the state, to go into effect on March 28th at 5PM.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
North Carolina: Gun Stores Remain Open Despite Governor Not Designating them “Essential”

In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Governor Roy Cooper’s Executive Order No. 121 to Stay-at-Home, temporarily places restrictions on numerous businesses across the state, to go into effect March 30th at 5PM

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
COVID-19 Draws Attacks on Second Amendment

During the COVID-19 crisis, many of our family members, friends, and fellow citizens have decided to exercise their right to self-defense for the first time. Unfortunately, many of them are being delayed or denied their rights not only by anti-gun bureaucracy put in place years ago, but also new obstacles created within the past few days and weeks.

NEWS
Breaking: NRA & Other Groups Sue California

Fairfax, Va. - Today, the National Rifle Association (NRA) joins with a coalition of gun rights groups in filing a federal lawsuit challenging state and local policies and enforcement practices that violate Second and Fourteenth Amendment rights. The gun rights coaltion includes the Second Amendment Foundation (SAF), the California Gun Rights Foundation (CGF), and the Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC).

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Texas: Attorney General Issues Opinion Prohibiting Municipalities and Counties from Restricting Firearm Sales in Response to Covid-19

On Tuesday, March 24, pro-Second Amendment State Representative Dustin Burrows (R-Lubbock) requested an opinion from Attorney General Ken Paxton on whether city and county officials can prohibit the sale of firearms through an emergency order or declaration by excluding firearm manufacturers and retailers as "essential businesses."

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Montana: Anti-Gun Governor Bullock Issues Executive Order in Response to Covid-19

Governor Steve Bullock’s recent Executive Order 3-2020 designates “…firearm and ammunition suppliers and retailers..” under “Essential Businesses,” exempting them from being shut down during this state of emergency.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Idaho: Governor Little Signs Permitless Carry Expansion Legislation into Law

On Wednesday, Governor Brad Little signed important self-defense legislation, House Bill 516 This permitless carry expansion legislation was sent to the Governor’s desk prior to the Legislature adjourning last week.

NEWS
Las Vegas police launch online application for concealed weapon permits

LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -- The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Records and Fingerprint Bureau announced Thursday that it is launching a new online service for residents who wish to apply for a concealed carry firearm permit.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION NEWS
Delaware: Governor Carney Amends Executive Order in Response to Covid-19

On March 12, Governor John Carney issued an emergency declaration due to the spread of COVID-19 in the First State. After several modifications of the order, Delaware State Police began issuing cease and desist orders to gun shops that were still operating on March 24th.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
New Hampshire: Gov. Sununu Protects Second Amendment – Gun Stores Remain Open

Governor Chris Sununu’s recent Emergency Order to Stay-at-Home designates firearm-related businesses, including gun stores as “essential,” exempting them from being shut down during this state of emergency.

THE NEWS & OBSERVER
Wake sheriff should not have suspended pistol permit applications amid coronavirus

During a crisis there should be no doubt about our ability to protect and defend ourselves and our loved ones, yet Wake County Sheriff Gerald Baker has taken action that could leave law-abiding citizens defenseless.

DELAWARE ONLINE
After uproar, Gov. Carney backtracks, allows firearms stores to open by appointment only

Firearms stores in Delaware can now accept customers by appointment only, the state said Thursday.

SHARE THIS EMAIL

#3239708 - 03/27/20 10:30 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
crapshoot Offline
Retired PM Staff

Quote:
NEWS
Las Vegas police launch online application for concealed weapon permits

LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -- The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Records and Fingerprint Bureau announced Thursday that it is launching a new online service for residents who wish to apply for a concealed carry firearm permit.

Which is great except for the fact that our wonderful govenor has ordered all CCW classes nonessential and ordered them closed at a time when personal protection could be paramount.

Ted Nugent

Page 23 of 23 < 1 2 ... 21 22 23

Moderator:  DesertRam, Stu Farish 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.