Bad hit!

tripod3

Seems like each year I have a bad hit that bothers me.
Last night I got one in to just under 300 and considered it routine and a done deal.
I certainly hit him just not well enough to pin down and it got out of my sight.
It has bothered me such an easy shot botched.

Happens to the best.

ETA: Someone once said, "Can't Have Good Without Bad"
wink.gif

Regards,
hm

Last edited:
Just under 300 is certainly no "chip shot". Don't beat yourself up to bad. It even happens to the best every once in a while.

It does happen to the best. The fact it bothers you tells what you're made of!

Do you use a rest outside of the truck to shoot off of, or do you use the window or door?

Originally Posted By: flintrockIt does happen to the best. The fact it bothers you tells what you're made of!

Do you use a rest outside of the truck to shoot off of, or do you use the window or door?

Usually rest rifle in hand against door or window.
I get 3-350 shots often and still bothers me if one doesn't stay down, movement is ok as it won't last long.

Originally Posted By: tripod3Seems like each year I have a bad hit that bothers me.
Last night I got one in to just under 300 and considered it routine and a done deal.
I certainly hit him just not well enough to pin down and it got out of my sight.
It has bothered me such an easy shot botched.

The more you hunt the more likely the odds that this will happen. I know they bother us, but you did all you could, you are a good and ethical hunter and a fine shooter. It didn't get far, just out of sight is all that it takes.

Back