Insulated Snow Camo Coveralls?

mikegranger

Ok, I'm at wits end. Been looking for a good pair of snow camo coveralls that are insulated. I tend to hunt in really cold weather and insulated coveralls are the best. I don't like snow getting down my back. I've been using Cabelas coveralls for years but they just don't have much of a camouflage design and mine have faded a lot. I can't find much else on the market and would like some ideas from the folks here.

Thanks in advance.

Mike, as you well know layering is the best bet for cold weather activities, so get yourself some carhart bibs and and a down parka and some nat gear snow camo, I know even in the dead of winter it isn't bitter cold all the time.

Ya know Mike. if you moved a little faster and tried to keep up to me, you could get away with just a longsleeved white Tshirt and still be plenty warm enough. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I can't believe you need INSULATED coveralls. Cowboy Up!!!! Next thing you'll be wanting me to carry my own stuff and skin my own coyotes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Why when I was your age I used to walk 11 miles to avoid school, summer or winter, always cold and snow was deeeeep!! uphill both ways. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Young'uns today???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif
Insulated coveralls???? what's next....mitts?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Mike,

I've hunted many moons. Just wearing plain white cottin/polyesther [non-insulated]coveralls. Just layed under...during the real cold ones.

I've bought them from THIESEN's[special order], a local pawn shop & from "uniform company's" off of the Internet.

I've owned insulated Carhart coveralls. But When ya get hot, you can only peel off so much.

Mike,
I've had a pair of snowcamo coveralls similar to yours for a few years. While warm, there not water-proof, just water repellant, and if you snowshoe or walk alot its hard to control your body heat. For last X-mas the wife gave me a Cabales snowmobile suit. Gortex XPG Jacket and Bibs. Still a little bulky ,and a bit pricey, but total comfort all the time outdoors. No wet butt, no wet knees, no frozen leg cuffs, even at -25F. Want to walk a bit, open the zippers and the gortex lets the moisture out. Zip up and you can lay in the snow and not get wet. I put one of those lite snowcamo parkars in my pack to cover up, strap on the snowshoes and am good to go. Just seems like I'm not working as hard to stay dry and warm.
FYI
Jacket
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/purchase/products-found.jsp?_requestid=56944

Bibs
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/purchase/products-found.jsp?_requestid=57119

Good Luck
JS

Whats snow? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif Southern Nevada baby! Home of the 45 degree winters. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Mike,
Being a Montanan I thought you would have some insulated Carhart coveralls with white coverups. Doesn't everyone in Montana own a pair of Carhart coveralls. I like the Natgear snow camo for a coverup. It is the best camo I have seen for breaking up the human outline. You have to just stare at it to figure out what it is covering up. It does what camo is supposed to do. Not necessarily make you look like a bush or a tree. It actually breaks up your outline. What I like about a coverup is that I can dress how I want and throw the coverup over whatever I am wearing. 25 below is no problem. Wear what you need. Just buy the coverup big. I think the Natgear coverup parka is around $40.

Check out their website at www.Natgear.com

Last edited:
I have also admired the NatGear coverups. But I was able to get the Cabelas Seclusion 3D Open Country coverups real cheap with a coupon I had. So I got those. I am anxious to try them because as Z said...you just dress for the weather and throw those on top of your clothes. I like the Seclusion ones also because they are 100% polyester. I think this will be good for not soaking up water when sitting in snow as much.

Mike I don't know why you would need a pr. of insulated coveralls down were you live. You are right in the middle of the banana belt down their.

Willy!,
Good hearing from you. I know, it is the banana belt but sometimes at -30f things tend to get a tad nippy.

I too like NatGear but it doesn't come in a winter coverall. I am not too keen on coverups as most of the time I'm laying in the snow and sometimes one has to move quickly and unexpectedly. Sure enough I would be laying on the darn thing or a knee would be holding a part of it down and hamper my movement at the worst time. That's why I like coveralls. They always move when you move and they just keep you warmer.

Hmm, I may have confused coverups with a poncho. I guess coverups are the thin cotton things you pull over whatever one is wearing. Let's see, if I wear a good wool overall like the kind Woolrich make (the very one's Seth threw in the trash by accident two years ago /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif) with a wool shirt and jacket then put the coverup over that, my dilemma may be solved. OR, I could get a good snow camo patterned coverall and wear my normal wool clothing. What a dilemma. I'm still working on this problem. As soon as I figure it out, well let everyone know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Mike Good to hear from you also. Go to the following web site and check out their product. It is real great for the cold weather hunter,just a wee bit on the pricey side and a fair wait for it after you order it. I got the bib overalls and the hat from them last spring and they are great.Check them out.
http://www.ravenwear.ca/

Mike-
I did not realize these were becoming so hard to come by. The only thing I turned up was a company called Sticks N Limbs. They make a snow camo coverall. It looks alot like Predator camo to me. I can't speak of their quality however. Just google Sticks N Limbs, or try www.bowhunting.net/sticks/ Maybe this will help you out- MH

Mike--I'm not sure what camo pattern your Cabela's snow camo has, but I have a set of insulated Snow Shadow camo coveralls from Cabela's that are extremely warm. They are so warm, in fact, that it has to be -20 or below before I put them on. I roast in them otherwise.

Here's a photo of me in them one morning when it was in that -30º range for temp. I was warm as toast in these things. I also wear an insulated underwear top inside these and blue jeans along with a couple of pair of socks inside the old felt lined Sorel pack boots.

LeRoy_Yote_closeup--tiny.jpg

When it is -19º or warmer, I wear all of the above (minus the Snow Shadow camos) plus and old pair of insulated Advantage Camo coveralls and an old pair of white painter's coveralls from J.C. Penney's. Both my hunting partner and I have these white coveralls to go over inside clothing.

Dan_LeRoy-3rd-yote-small.jpg

I gotta agree Silverfox. I have the exact suit and most of the time it's hanging open unzipped in the front.

I think I paid a hundred bucks for it at Cabela's. Well worth it.

Back