Covid 19 hunting?

Just got back from two days calling. Called in 3, got one. The governor has not (yet) ordered it but highly suggests "social distancing" which we did out in the wheatfields & draws with my brother and a buddie. We're all over 69. Had a dam good time cracking jokes and yucking it up.

Would be if i had a partner to go with. Just hate doing anything by myself.

We haven't been ordered to stay in our houses, just social distancing as well.

Michigan was ordered “stay at home” today at 11am. It starts tonight at midnight. Thru April 13th as of now..

The order I read today on the state government site says we can leave our homes to engage outdoor activities like walking, hiking , running , cycling and or any other recreational activity consistent with remaining at least 6 feet from people from outside the individuals household .

So I take it as I can take my kid and go hunting.
But shouldn’t be in same vehicle as my normal hunting partner.

In short, we are gonna keep hunting.

I'd be out if our season was open. I'm reloading every piece of brass I have, and I have firewood cut for 2023. May try crow hunting end of the week, or shed hunting.

Im in California, we have a stay at home order but it really is Ludacris!!

Stay at home BUT... you can HIKE, WALK, RUN, BIKE, EXERCISE, SKIP, or otherwise generally be out and about if it helps your mental well being.

My wife and I called coyotes on Saturday and plan to continue through this “order”.

I think I see more people outside now then pre social distancing

Well, since the odds of me finding 50 or more people on my stands is slim and none, out I go. I'm not likely to find someone infected and feel the sudden need to run up and lick them, nor them me. So I feel pretty safe.

Back