Predator Masters using UBB.threads ô Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3245227 - 05/25/20 07:01 PM Re: Anyone ever thread an old lever gun? [Re: 204 AR]
roof_monkey Offline
Predator Master

Loc: Nebraska
Would really like to see a write up with pictures if you go ahead with this. Iím actually planning a near identical project at some point this year, but have a couple months wait on the lathe Iím after. Hope to have it done before rifle deer season this year though.

Iíve got an early eighties model 94 I picked up cheap. Bought a used barrel, magazine tube, and magazine spring from numrich to keep the original parts stock length in case I donít like the way things turn out. I plan on chopping the numrich barrel to 14.5Ē and pin welding a griffin paladin brake to make it 16Ē...looking to keep it short without needing a sbr stamp.

I have an unbuilt stamp for a 7Ē long 30 cal can that Iíve been saving for this. The way the can mounts to the brake should make the overall setup only 1Ē longer than the stock 20Ē barrel, so it should stay pretty handy.

Planning on doing a mini red dot mounted to the barrelís rear dovetail like you mentioned doing too. If I like the way things turn out Iíll probably get a nice barrel blank and redo the barrel to squeeze out as much accuracy as possible.

It does seem a little sacreligious to do to a lever gun, but I already suppress a 22 Henry mares leg that gets nothing but grins from the fuddiest of fudds that shoot it.

#3245253 - 05/25/20 10:56 PM Re: Anyone ever thread an old lever gun? [Re: roof_monkey]
204 AR Offline
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: Nebraska
Originally Posted By: roof_monkey
Would really like to see a write up with pictures if you go ahead with this. Iím actually planning a near identical project at some point this year, but have a couple months wait on the lathe Iím after. Hope to have it done before rifle deer season this year though.

Iíve got an early eighties model 94 I picked up cheap. Bought a used barrel, magazine tube, and magazine spring from numrich to keep the original parts stock length in case I donít like the way things turn out. I plan on chopping the numrich barrel to 14.5Ē and pin welding a griffin paladin brake to make it 16Ē...looking to keep it short without needing a sbr stamp.

I have an unbuilt stamp for a 7Ē long 30 cal can that Iíve been saving for this. The way the can mounts to the brake should make the overall setup only 1Ē longer than the stock 20Ē barrel, so it should stay

pretty handy.

Planning on doing a mini red dot mounted to the barrelís rear dovetail like you mentioned doing too. If I like the way things turn out Iíll probably get a nice barrel blank and redo the barrel to squeeze out as much accuracy as possible.

It does seem a little sacreligious to do to a lever gun, but I already suppress a 22 Henry mares leg that gets nothing but grins from the fuddiest of fudds that shoot it.

Fuddiest of fudds lol, that made me chuckle.

Sounds like you have a solid plan, getting the spare parts seems like a smart idea. I will definitely post up pics if I go ahead with the idea, but haven't done anything yet. Honestly I have so many ideas for builds or modifications I don't know which to do. Doing them all isn't financially feasible so have to pick and choose what I'll use or enjoy the most.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  SnowmanMo 

© Predator Mastersô, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.