Coronavirus must not infect you, because i love you....

Ernest49

Sorry for this long post. But dear friends, here in Italy the situation is very serious: 47021 cases, 19185 in isolation, 16020 hospitalized, 2655 in intensive care, 4032 deaths, 627 deaths today, 5129 healed. Hospitals are collapsing: 3359 infected health workers, 18 doctors died. I sincerely wish you better in the USA. I love you all, and I name you in the order in which you have kindly intervened in the posts created by me: NGI TOM, Kirsch, Gman757, 6mm06, JB-WI, varminter, case-nh, reaper4, Rookietjx2, old cat, capitol , Indyote, Ohiolongarm, Hellgate, TN Lone Wolf, jcs271, DoubleUp, Weekender, limbhanger10, TXCOONDOG, greengt88, Victor TNVC, ah929rr, Geeb. But I also love all the others in the predator master forum .... I absolutely want to be able to write, discuss, exchange photos and hunting videos with all of you also next year. So I ask you, with my heart in my hand: stay all at home, close everything, stop all activities. Have your food brought home by the National Guard who you must deploy on the streets to enforce an absolute quarantine.
This is the letter I wrote to the President of Lombardy, the region most affected ....

"Dear Attilio, with tears in my eyes, I send you a heartfelt appeal: 15 DAYS OF MILAN FOR LIFE. I am a retired Mathematics teacher from Padua, born in 1949. I am particularly close to you in these dramatic moments. My grandfather was named after you and in 1956 he accompanied me to play with my little brother (born in 1955) in a stroller, in Prato della Valle, the largest and most beautiful square in Europe. He told me how he had saved himself from the terrible Spanish pandemic that had raged in several waves from 1918 to 1920, causing hundreds of thousands of deaths, especially among young people. At the time I was too young to understand, I had to wait 64 years, but now I understand the distressing stories of grandfather Attilio. Yesterday I went shopping at the supermarket in Prato della Valle. I had sprayer with water and bleach, shopping trolley, double mask, disposable gloves, cap, scarf, jacket, which I leave in the box when I get home. But I was shocked and I was afraid ... In the largest square in Europe there were (fortunately not many, given the vastness of the area) boys and girls running, some on foot, some on bicycles, some with the skates and also with the mono skate. There were also people walking the dog and a police patrol who only stopped the cars for checks. Meanwhile, in Lombardy, you, Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics, and many others of the health staff, sacrificed their lives (like our grandparents at the front in the 1st World War), to save the lives of the sick. It is unacceptable for this to happen! We must win the battle of Lombardy, we must prevent Milan from being attacked. In Milan we decide on all our lives. If you fall, all of Italy falls. Today, my son, a civil engineer, sent me the photo, from Stuttgart, of the practically empty carriage of the underground, which he uses to go to the construction site. This image is emblematic if we compare it with the videos of the Milan underground ... The Germans are taking it much more seriously than we do.
Dear Attilio, we have to close everything for 15 DAYS. There are no alternatives. We immediately close the metro, trams, buses, trains, we close offices, post offices, banks, factories. We also close supermarkets. The military and civil protection volunteers will take the shopping home. Let's learn how Hong Kong won this war against coronavirus in just 15 DAYS OF TOTAL QUARANTINE CLOSED AT HOME! Last night, during a television broadcast, they talked practically only about the economic aspects, that is about MONEY! But little of lives that are lost. Unbearable! Nobody will lose their lives for 15 lost days of work or firm industrial production! They still don't understand. Life has absolute priority! When everything is gone, the economy will recover, as after every war. Attilio, even if I don't know you, I love you like you were a brother. You are the only one who has understood and who can do something strong, indispensable to save your and our lives. When everything is over, I would like to be able to walk with you and my brother through Prato della Valle, admiring the charm of this wonderful square, but to do it we must all be alive! So please, I implore you, accept my appeal, let's send this message: 15 DAYS OF MILAN FOR LIFE. In my own small way, I make myself available to help children, who ask me, to do their remote math homework. At your best, you have to talk to those in the button room and make them understand what this means, which is not just a slogan, but an indifferent life-saving appeal: 15 DAYS OF MILAN FOR LIFE
With a strong and dear hug, I am close to you "

Last edited:
Been following your devastating numbers with horror. Your % death rate keeps climbing. Went from 6% to 8% to over 10% in the following 3 days. The current rate is back down to 8% but I think because total cases jumped and no new deaths reported...yet. If our current administration had not ignored the advice of experts for minimum 3 weeks and more like 6 to 8 we would be a little more prepared or more. I could go on but will reserve my comment to that. My prayers are long these days and you are included. I'm hoping/praying that these drugs, Hydroxychloroquine, Chloriquine, and Remdesivir will at least prove effective to weaken the virus enough to give a person a much better chance if getting severely ill. They have looked to be very effective in early tests. There is a large supply of the Chloriquine if what I've read is accurate.

Ernest, thank you for your heartfelt appeal. It is quite touching to hear your anguish for your people. Without making things worse for yourself emotionally, could you please tell us if it is true that your authorities have decided not to treat your elderly of over 80?

I tell you the truth, I don't know anything about this news. But if it were true, it would be really shabby and very sad. We hope that Italian doctors are never forced to face these terrible choices. Spread the word in the US, there is desperate need for doctors, even anti-viral medicines are starting to run low. There is a need for masks and full protective equipment for doctors. If doctors become infected, they can no longer cure the sick. Finally, oxygen fans are needed to create new intensive care places.

Ernest, I just read where Drs. in Washington state are also "considering" not allowing ventilators for the elderly in that state. Sure hope that isn't true for Italy or individual states in America, but .........

I am always encouraged by Psalm 91.

Ernest, I've used you as a gauge of what's really happening from the common man vs the media machine here in the USA. Referenced your posts in my conversations while taking with friends numerous times over the last week or so. I sympathize with your plight. For me it was really these last few days that reality set in, I hope we get it right. What amazes me the most are those that are still un-aware after all that has been in the news. I look forward to your hunting posts next year.

Last edited:

Ernest, you too are a friend to many of us here and we send our heart-felt wishes, and prayers most of all for you and the people of Italy. It is very sobering to hear of such a catastrophy as is happening in your country. Thank you for keeping us informed and of the advice. We pray that you remain safe and that this terrible virus will soon end. God bless you.

Best wishes to you Ernest, your family and friends. This ole world is a mess right now. Here's to all of us making it through these trying times to enjoy many more years of doing what we love.

This is the very latest scary update at 6pm today:

53578 cases (6557 more than yesterday, + 13.9%), 22116 in fiduciary home isolation, 17708 hospitalized, 2857 in intensive care, 4825 deaths, 793 deaths today (+19.7%), 6072 healed (+ 18.4%)

frown.gif
Dark days

63927 cases; 26522 in fiduciary home isolation; 20692 hospitalized; 3204 in intensive care; 6077 deaths; 7432 healed

Last edited:
Ernest49, I hope you are doing ok with everything going on right now and our family is wishing you and the family the best. We are doing ok here just trying to stay away from everyone which is tough with my work and my wife’s but we are very fortunate with great people to be able to watch our son and two foster kids. We are definitely feeling the strain with everything and I’m sure it is only going to get worse and of course we have about the worst timing for all of this but something like this there is never a good time for it.
Be safe everyone

92472 cases; 39533 in fiduciary home isolation; 26676 hospitalized; 3856 in intensive care; 10023 deaths; (1858 deaths in the past 2 days !!!); 12384 healed.
Here the situation is very serious, hospitals are collapsing. Some ICU patients were flown to hospitals in Germany.
My friends, stay at home in absolute preventive isolation !!

Last edited:
Thanks Tom, thanks to all of you, dear hunter friends. We need your prayers and your kind words of encouragement. And you American friends, try to be careful. On television they say that in the US there is the highest number of infected people in the world. The only small consolation is that North Dakota appears to be the least infected State. However, I ask Kirsch to be equally careful, because the biggest mistake would be to underestimate the danger. You have only one way to protect yourself from this terrible and highly contagious virus. Stay in isolation. We all pray together that the prestigious research centers of the United States will find effective medicines and soon also a vaccine. I update you, with tears in my eyes, on the terrible numbers of the infection in Italy: 105792 confirmed infected; 45420 in home isolation; 28192 hospitalized; 4023 in intensive care; 15729 healed; 12428 deaths (837 today); 66 doctors deaths

Last edited:
I thank you for your kind interest. Not to mention my chronic sinusitis, which starts in October and ends in May, my family and I are doing quite well. I am a subject at risk. It means that if I become infected with the coronavirus, it is more likely that you will come to visit me at the cemetery in Padua, instead of coming with me to hunt in Croatia..... So we are in almost absolute isolation. In the past 21 days, I have left the house only 2 times (with double mask, gloves, scarf, cap, glasses) to shop for food at the supermarket.

Stay safe sir. This too shall pass. Was in Pisa and a brief visit to Rome about 15 years ago for work at the Italian AF base close to there (cant remember the name) and that lasted for 3 weeks or so. I really enjoyed the culture and people of Italy. Hoping and praying for the best for you and your country. Speaking of the supermarket, it took me a week to find one when there. I kept asking folks where I could find a "grocery store" and got blank stares, but the term is apparently "supermarket". All I wanted was some doggon food! I also learned quickly that the time to go out to dinner was definately AFTER 9 or 10PM.

Back