ATF NFA during the Coronavirus Pandemic

This was emailed to me from silencer central
As you are well aware, the coronavirus is disrupting nearly every facet of society. Last Friday, ASA released a statement regarding the ATF and the potential impact on NFA processing times.

Here is what we know:
NFA Division is operating as normal.
As this time, West Virginia (where the NFA Division is located) has no confirmed cases of coronavirus.
NFA Division is assessing which examiners and contractors will be able to work remote if necessary, and are taking the necessary steps to ensure that the transition to remote processing is seamless.

Anyone have their form 4 approved since the Coronavirus has shut many things down?

I have a couple suppressors in jail for 6 months now and hope this Coronavirus doesn't slow the process down even more than it has been already. I would like them now but as long as I get them by this fall I won't be too disappointed.

You should get yours any day. I bought 2 using a trust on 10/25/19. Picked them up yesterday 4/25/20. Would have probably been even sooner if not for Covid 19.

Last edited:
Purchased 6/5/19 from Silencershop.com

5/30/19 also mailed trust info to silencershop.

Greetings from Silencer Shop! Just a quick note letting you know that your application was received by the ATF and the check was cashed on 7/3/2019

Definitely not a first come first serve process ! It sux !

cmatera,

I hope your right that I get it approved any day. I'll be happy if get it by September. I mostly want them for predator hunting to protect my hearing.

Did your approval happen during the month of April or was it approved in March and you just had to wait to pick them up because your dealer that was holding the was closed.?

Pa. Mick,

11 months and still waiting seems above average. I hope you get them soon. That is the tough thing about waiting to be approved. It is hard to predict who will be approved first. One guy may have his approved in 4 months and another guy may wait 14 months.

Back