Good advice from mom and dad

Possumal57

Not trying to start an argument here, but reading some of the posts makes me realize just how right my late mom and dad were in advising me not to argue politics or religion with friends or family, if you want to stay friendly.

Good point, there is a good reason that most sites don't allow it.
If kept REASONABLLY civil, it does make for some good discussion and everyone is entitled to their opinion, unfortunately that isn't always the case.

My grandpa was a crabby sob but he had some very good advice.
Never talk religion, politics,or money.
Never go to sleep without your wallet and keys.

You'll be fine here. As long as you agree with everything being said.

No politics or religion for me either. Don't have any money.

Last edited:
I agree that some folks lack the temperament and /or qualities needed to be effective at debating but that should not cause anyone to cower from expressing his point of view.

Communicating Effectively:

1.Follow the form, if debating formally.
2.Keep calm.
3.Speak clearly.
4.Explain your logic.
5.Be respectful and fair.
6.Act confident.

I don't consider this forum a debate, but that is o.k. if others do. I will continue to consider my mom and dad's advice as good advice.

This thread is hilarious.

Spit it out, you obviously have something to say or you wouldn't be here....

Now, I think I'll go to the Chevy forum and tell them I'll never buy a Chevy.

And then its off to the AR section here to tell every one they don't REALLY need 30 rounds….

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Usually it's civil here your in the company of like minded people. Every once and a while a real peach comes around and just wants some attention. Your folks were prolly right Al cause there's little chance of changing anyone's mind every one's dug in. I likes Jay's idea though. I think I'll go over to the Corvette forum and burstow the virtue of the Ford Mustang just for sport
lol.gif
Grizz

What your mom and dad want you to do is be a sheep. The left would love for us not to discuss anything they are doing while they systematically take over our country. I get it at, at Thanksgiving dinner you don't want to get uncle Joe riled up but that should be it. The rest of the time you say what you believe and stand up for it. Like the song says, you have to stand up for something or you will fall for anything.

Back