Looks like cheaper than dirt is price gouging ammo again

Rambo

$1084 for 223 fmj and $175 for a box of 100 9mm fmj. They are getting hammered on social media for it. They will never see a dime from me.

I did a quick check and a lot of places are out of stock on 5.56 cheap stuff when maybe a week ago they were selling it cheap. I hope there isn't a big run coming on for powder, primers, and everything else. I'm sitting ok for a long while but it just sucks and is stupid and ticks me off that people are so ignorant.

Wrong section of the forum but while I'm at it, it ticks me off the government is oh so ready to make people dependent of handouts during this epidemic. Sure, there are people that will need help, but it trains people to live for the moment knowing there's a safety net to save them. Until one day, there's not anymore.

Have not purchased anything from Cheaper Than Dirt for years and definitely not since the last time they pulled this price gouging scheme.
Apparently people don't care and won't take a stance but I will never support them.

Earlier this year I held my nose and ordered a rifle from them, showed in stock. Two days later they sent an email saying it's out of stock, so sorry. The first and last thing I ever ordered from them.

I will say, however, that I don't think they're any more contempt-able than the multitudes of flippers who are buying and selling (without appropriate license also) to make money during a panic.

We need to continue to support the businesses who sell at normal prices till they sell out, as these panics actually hurt their business when there's nothing left to sell. Lock, stock and Barrel went under after the panic in 08 for that reason. No product, no cash flow, no loan payments.

Originally Posted By: who meI don't shop there, same for Dick's.

Very rare that I buy factory loaded
ammo.

Well 22 rimfire I buy.

That is the story at this house.

Like it or not, its capitalism. Their products are not necessities, and they are free to offer their products at whatever price they like.
Don't like it? Don't buy it.

I have never been a customer of theirs, and probably never will be.

Dick's opened a store here in town. I went there once and they were higher than Bass Pro Shops. I knew I didn't have any business being there. They quit selling firearms so now there is no reason at all to go there. I go by there to pay my cell phone bill and the parking lot is usually pretty empty.

I stuck with Dicks for a while after they pulled their AR s and caved to liberal pressure just because their shotgun ammo was cheap and the few rifles and shotguns they carried were priced competitively.

Since getting rid of all shooting stuff I ve not went back however; and, I will not. Their CEO and Board can keep their wagons hitched to the anti-gunners but I won t support them. Hope they go Banko !!!

Originally Posted By: 6724Like it or not, its capitalism. Their products are not necessities, and they are free to offer their products at whatever price they like.
Don't like it? Don't buy it.

Yep, not necessities. Don't like it, don't buy it. This is why people plan ahead.

Many people/businesses buy/sell for a living/profit. It doesn't make them evil. If they try to make too big of a cut, don't buy. If you have to have it, you're in a jam. When it's cheap again, and it will be, grab a little to get you by the next time the gougers come out.

I was wishing I had a little more rimfire ammo last time it disappeared. Price came down, now I have a little more on hand. I don't have a hoard, but I Don't feel short right now.

Stepping off my soap box, now.

Back