100 Coyotes In 15 Minutes

Kirsch

The coyote night hunting season closed on Sunday for my state, so I put together a video combination of just the final moments of many of the 2019-2020 night hunts. Lots of the full length episode hunts have already been posted, but many are still to come. Thank you for watching.

I think I need to buy stock in Berger Bullet Co.-great shooting. Coyote longevity appears to be pretty short up your way!

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpI think I need to buy stock in Berger Bullet Co.-great shooting. Coyote longevity appears to be pretty short up your way! I do shoot a lot of Berger Bullets. I was going to add the daytime coyotes to the video, but how many coyotes can a person watch get shot before it kind of all starts to blur.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Well that’s a bunch and a lot of hours spent. Good account of your season. Yes, lots of hours and nights in the field.

Tremendous effort resulting in a great season again! I follow your posts and aspire to be as successful some day. Appreciate your contributions!

To bad they have a night season. Same in Illinois next to me. I hunt them year round here in Iowa. I know you hunting them in the day though is way more successful than here. Pretty much gave up on that once I got started with NV.

Originally Posted By: KirschOriginally Posted By: DoubleUpI think I need to buy stock in Berger Bullet Co.-great shooting. Coyote longevity appears to be pretty short up your way! I do shoot a lot of Berger Bullets. I was going to add the daytime coyotes to the video, but how many coyotes can a person watch get shot before it kind of all starts to blur.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Well that’s a bunch and a lot of hours spent. Good account of your season. Yes, lots of hours and nights in the field.

A dang BUNCH, bring it on. THANKS for 15 minutes of QUALITY entertainment.

For anyone interested, one of the two PTS536's thermal weapon's sights used for recording this video is for sale. It was purchased from Night Goggles on 8/16 and has been on approximately 6 hunts. It works great as you have seen. I have never used a more accurate thermal weapon's sight than the PTS536. PM if you are interested in getting a great thermal.

It's likely been asked but somehow I missed it: What rifle model, caliber, and bullet are you using? I assume suppressed too?

Gun: Specialized Dynamics AR10 22-250
Bullet: Berger 52gr Target HPs
Silencer: Varminter 3.0 from Dakota Silencers (now Silencer Central)

Hey Kirsch, do you ever take a running shot? That takes a lot of will, I’d be popping off rounds trying to get the double or triple.

Originally Posted By: HeymartayHey Kirsch, do you ever take a running shot? That takes a lot of will, I’d be popping off rounds trying to get the double or triple. I shot lots of multiples this year including seven on one stand, 5 on a stand, around 5 quads, and lots of triples and doubles. So, yes I do shoot multiples and I do attempt some running shots.

However, after 30+ years of doing this, I try to stay as patient as possible. With a suppressed shot, a lot of time the multiples don't know where the shot came from, and will eventually stop if another shot isn't immediately fired. For me, the odds of killing a standing coyote at 300 yards is better than taking a running shot at 150. I will do my best to read the coyote's body language and if I think the gig is up, I will start to let lead fly. It is easy to edit the video to not show all the extra rounds that don't connect after the original kill or kills. I agree there aren't as many moving shots as I would typically expect on this video. Since this is just a compilation of kills, you are seeing the kill moment. Many did run away and eventually stopped to see what happened, and that was their end.

Back