I bought the FLIR Scion OTM-266

Originally Posted By: Burnsome... I'm looking at the SCION OTM 266 640 60HZ 18MM vs the SCION OTM 136 320 60HZ 13.8MM for a scanner.

Most of my hunting is in the woods. Can someone recommend if the 13.8mm would be better than the 18mm for FOV? I'm leaning towards the 18mm though. I have never used either. However, I would worry about the use in any type of humidity with a 320 res scanner with only a 13.8mm lens. The PTS233 had the 12-micron Boson core and has 320 res, and has an 18mm lens, and struggles in high humidity. I would assume the 13.8 would struggle even more. Again, just a guess.

I just ordered a FLIR Scion OTM-266. I am anxious to see the image with the Boson 640 12µm core.

Last edited:
Mine will be here tomorrow. Anybody got any battery pack and/or rechargeable CR123 recommendations?Spec sheet is kind of non-informational on the topic. Called FLIR a couple of weeks ago and they said their forthcoming rechargeable battery packs ae in development still

I have some 3.7V 800mAh rechargeable 123s if they would work?

ETA - Called and talked to the technical support folks at FLIR. They indicated their new rechargeable battery pack will probably be available the end of March timeframe. They also indicated rechargeable CR123s are fine/safe to use in the unit.

Last edited:
Been using SCION for a few weeks now and continue to be impressed. The rechargeable 123s work fine and I'm getting 3.5 +/- hours off a full charge, and thats within my normal night time hunting time-frame efforts. Resolution and detection is truly outstanding compared to my original Scout. Much less eye strain. I find myself using the black = hot display for the most part.

Basically in a nutshell, I'm seeing things with clarity and at distances at night that I never thought possible.

This year is going to be a bit expensive for me on the NV front. Just ordered the new Pulsar Digix NV scope and plan on ordering a Hogster-R 35 as well.

Back