Light Question for you AR15 owners.

NDAR15MAN

I bought a AR15 7.62x39 cal gun. It’s a cheap brand but a real accurate gun. I want to put a lot of accessories on this gun really PIMP it out. Every thing but the kitchen sink on this gun because I have other AR15 guns I hunt with and one that has a D760 scope on it.
Question.... I want to add a light to the rail on this Ar15 Gun , should I even think about using one of these predator hunting lights or go with a more traditional light like a stream light AR15 weapon light of 400-600 lumms ? I am leaning towards one of these high dollar predator hunting lights. What do you guys think would give me the brightest light ? Thanks. Marty

I have the Surefire DF600 with a remote switch that i use for night hunting.

The 600 has a rechargeable 18650 battery. You just plug it into your USB port.

1500 Lumens

If you can afford it? I recommend that one.

A guy slows down when his rifle gets real heavy.

arlauuch..... So your saying a light is a light I guess. Ha ha ha. All lights are weapon lights ? The bigger lights that people attach to their guns for predator hunting , like the Wicked light brand , the coyote light brand , etc are all in same category as your Surefire Civilian light ? I guess a light does not matter if you are hunting a coyote or looking for a human that is trying to kill you ? All weapon attach lights are serving the same purpose. Marty.

Last edited:
I run Wicked Lights on my AR's and I love them. The latest one's have a rheostat control so you can slowly dial them up. Mine are a bit older with 3 position buttons. But I scan with a headlight then when they get into the zone I light them up with the full power kill light...freezes them in their tracks and the HOG anchors them...SHHHHHHWHAAAACK!

Snowmano. Thanks for the info on the WICKED predator light for my AR15 gun. I am really leaning towards the wicked light.
I think they have more power , etc than maybe the weapon types of weapon lights I see on pistol and AR15. I have to do some research on if these predator lights and see what kind of lumms they have and if they don’t how they compare with light power , run time , etc I have a D760 NV and Flir hand held thermal but some states were I want to retire in don’t allow those type of hunting. Thanks. MD

Like to get a little more info on AR15 gun lights. I see most AR15.com guys buy and use the surefire or streamlight brands on their Ar15 guns. Wondering if our predator hunting lights like the coyote Reaper brand or the wicked lights are better for a all around weapon light ? Are we comparing apples to apples on all 4 brands of these brands or is a predator light way different animal than the weapon / defense type of lights I see guys have on AR15.com ? thanks. Marty

First thanks for the info on lights. Guys I am wanting to drill down a little deeper on my light questions here . I have added this same question to my NV section post / follow up question trying to get a little more info. I am wondering why the predator hunters like my self buy predator hunting lights like the Wicked brand , Coyote reaper , Night eyes , Etc but these lights do not ever list the Lum Number in their advertisements of their lights or spec sheets ? Please correct me if I am wrong and missed it. The folks in the AR15 gun world seem to all use weapon lights with number of Lums that the light gives off in their advertisements. So one of my questions is a AR15 weapon light not a good light for Coyote or Hog hunting ? Is a predator hunting light like ones mentioned above only good for predator hunting and would not make a good personal defense light ? I am not really getting any information on this question and hope to reach out to some folks that can help me with this question and can support their opinions on what one is better than the other and why it is better or both are equal. Some of the AR15 defense lights even have red and green color with 2000 to 6000 Lums and are only 4 to 7 inches long. Thanks. MD

Back