toilet paper hoarders lol

SlickerThanSnot

was in sams club yesterday. seemed everybody had the big carts overflowing with buttwipe paper, tissues and other paper products.

i was totally unaware there was this panic over toilet paper going on.

craziness.

Wonder how the toilet paper will endure buried with .22 ammo.
This reminds me of Y2K, bare store shelves with limit signs.

FOR TRADE: 3 rolls 2 ply toilet paper and half a can of Lysol for 1967 Camaro. Will throw in a used mask and pair of gloves (only worn twice) if car in prime condition. Text me.

Regards,
hm

You consider any other make/model? I have lightly used compression socks, a nearly new back brace and half a box of catheters(new) I'll throw in. I don't text!

Uhhh, thanks for the offer, but I'm gonna have to pass. Still up for trade.....67 model only.
cool.gif

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: Stu FarishIt's not for coronavirus, it's in case Bernie wins

Dems rarely wipe after crapping on everyone.

Freaking craziness for sure. I can think of lots of things that I'd hoard before TP was even on my radar. I don't understand people and the panic.

The left needs to create as much panic as possible to try and sink the economy so they can raise their nil chances of winning. And, people are stupid.

Originally Posted By: 6724And, people are stupid.

and sheep. stupid sheep. if one would walk off a cliff the rest would follow.

not sure what has happened to people. but they have lost common sense somewhere along the way.

but they all have toilet paper now!

while part of me is happy to see people taking BASIC sanitation seriously... which is almost stunning to me to understand that people needed to learn to WASH THEIR FREAKING HANDS during cold/flu season and be courteous enough to not sneeze on people....

the sad part is ... with all the events being canceled, travel restrictions, etc announced in the last 36-48 hours... the hoarding is only going to get worse.

and on top of all that mess - now that things are running short, average non-panic-buying people are going to have to adjust their regular shopping habits to account for not being able to restock their normal supplies/usage due to the panic buying. therefore = problem is going to get worse before it gets better.

retailers need to step up buying restrictions now to quell the nonsense. two - or 3 at most - wees of seeing those basic household items on the shelf (TP, bottled water, cleaning products, hand soap, rubbing alcohol, hand sanitizer, etc) should do wonders to stop 80-90% of the panic buying nonsense thats going on.

i'm also with Dr.Drew... the media needs to face SEVERE consequences for inciting the panic they have over this thing..... they're the ones responsible for all this nonsense. He was on the whole panic thing a month ago

For those of you that are from the Vietnam era, remember the TP drill. Clean with one sheet.

Coronavirus condom

Last edited:
Well I seen a local news article this morning saying people are cleaning the shelves ( no pun intended) of ammo. Gun sales crazy also whether first time buyer or other.

Folks we re on another glum and doom panic buying session... gee, people really...?

from what's been reported so far -and yes, that's always subject to doubt and suspicion- we can reasonably expect this:

For most people who get it, they will have from zero to mild symptoms. A smaller percentage will will be worse but not horrible. All of these will recover.

Some will be really sick & of those a sizable percentage will die, though a much larger percentage will not. It's going to really suck regardless which of these you fall into.

The youngest I've seen reported dying was 40, I think, and had other contributing health issues.

Contributing factors to increasing risk are:

Older age
High blood pressure
Diabetes
Respiratory issues such as COPD
some others I'm forgetting right now
wink.gif

Most of us in this forum are older and likely to have one or more of those, which increases our personal risk factor

The way I see it, this crap is out there in the wild now, nothing we can do about that. We can make some choices, alter our behaviors and habits in ways to reduce the exposure risks but unless you can go full hermit, you can't eliminate them.

So do what you think best for you, don't panic and freak out and see how far you can ride this out.

We've gone through this in the past and it is just a matter of time before there will be treatments and vaccines, they have already started some human testing of a vaccine. Slowing the spread is what is going to work best.

With the Spanish Flu in 1918 it worked and there were no cures, cities that restricted gatherings and some movement had much lower death rates than cities that didn't. 675,000 died in this country then and between 40 and 50 million died around the world. The world didn't com to an end then and it won't this time.

My BinL said to me "I can't understand all the panic buying of TP, I have a whole yard full of leaves".

Levity:

So the alien spaceship lands on earth and the captain is standing out side the ship waiting for his scouts to report. The first scout reports "We haven't figured out what wiped out the population yet, but they have the cleanest asses we've ever seen".

This is a good reminder as to what would happen if something really bad were to happen! If a lot of people weren't idiots, they could walk into any store and get anything at any time when they needed it, just like prior to the panic.
How the H*** did we ever survive for 10's of thousands of years without toilet paper!

Back